Remembering the Kerala Physicist Who Was Nominated for the Nobel Prize 9 Times

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer

Mar 22, 2022, 2:44:34 AM3/22/22

EVERYTHING about WASPs is stealing POC wealth and knowledge, peddling
white supremacy and peddling agendas.

Fibonacci sequence was INVENTED by Indian Hindus Pingali and Virahanka.
Fibonacci himself WROTE that he "merely TRANSLATED Indian mathematics",
BUT YET the EVIL WASP THIEVES called it "Fibonacci Sequence".

Likewise Bose contributed more to the discovery of Higgs-Boson particle
but the INFINITELY SELFISH WASP THIEVES called it Higgs-Boson and also
diminished the Indian scientist's contributions.

Obama dropped more bombs than bush but they gave him Nobel PEACE PRIZE.

This Paki bitch Malala NEVER CONDEMNED human rights abuses, murders,
kidnappings, RAPES, forced conversions of Hindus and Sikhs to ISLAM in
Pakistan but the CUNNING WHITE THIEVES gave her Nobel peace prize.

https://www.thebetterindia.com/141419/ecg-sudershan-kerala-physicist-nobel-prize/

Remembering the Kerala Physicist Who Was Nominated for the Nobel Prize 9
Times!

Nominated for the Nobel Prize nine times, ECG Sudershan made
path-breaking discoveries in the field of quantum optics in an
illustrious career spanning five decades.

The world of science has lost an eminent physicist with the passing away
of Prof. ECG Sudershan, who was nominated for Nobel Prize several times
but missed the coveted honour every time. His research interests spanned
a wide range of fields from particle physics, quantum optics, and
quantum field theory to quantum information theory, gauge theories and
classical mechanics.

Born on September 16, 1931, at Pallam in Kottayam district of Kerala, he
did his M.Sc. from Madras University and Ph.D from University of
Rochester, New York. He had his academic career mostly in the US. He
passed away at Texas. He was a Professor at University of Texas for the
past 40 years. In 1980s, he worked as Director of Institute of
Mathematical Sciences at Chennai for five years.
One of the most accomplished and renowned theoretical physicists of
Indian origin, he is known for his prodigious creative output.

He together with American physicist, Robert Eugene Marshak came out in
1957 with what is called the V.A.Theory of Weak Interactions. Three
others, Sheldon Glashow, Abdus Salam and Steven Weinberg, developed it
further. It eventually evolved as electro weak theory of weak
interactions. The three got the Nobel Prize for their work in 1979. Dr.
Sudarshan and Prof. Marshak got left behind.

Dr. Sudarshan achieved another breakthrough in 1960s, when he propounded
the theory of Tachyons. According to the theory, there should be
particles called Tachyons, which had speeds larger than that of light.
So far, the particles have not been found experimentally.

But, physicists are hopeful. As and when they are discovered, it will be
a historical moment as it would markedly change the conception and
understanding of the universe. Tachycon is considered as a revolutionary
idea within the framework of the Special Theory of Relativity.

Even as he missed the Nobel prize several times, Dr. Sudarshan openly
expressed his anguish when the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences chose
to give a prize to Dr. RJ Glauber in 2005 “for his contribution to the
quantum theory of optical coherence”, ignoring Dr. Sudarshan’s work.

In a letter to the Academy, he said,

“In the announcement of the 2005 Physics Nobel Prize, the Swedish Royal
Academy has chosen R.J. Glauber to be awarded half of the prize. The
prize winners are chosen by the Royal Academy, but no one has the right
to take my discoveries and formulations and ascribe them to someone else!

“The correct formulation of the quantum mechanical treatment of optics
was carried out by me in my paper in 1963. In that I showed that every
state can be represented in the diagonal form… This diagonal
representation is valid for all fields.

“… The irony of the situation is that in spite of all these facts being
available in print, the diagonal representation instead of being
referred to as the Sudarshan representation is dubbed as either the
P-Representation (as if Glauber discovered and named it first) or at
best as `Glauber-Sudarshan’ Representation.

“While the distinction of introducing coherent states as basic entities
to describe optical fields certainly goes to Glauber, the possibility of
using them to describe `all’ optical fields (of all intensities) through
the diagonal representation is certainly due to Sudarshan.

Thus there is no need to `extract’ the classical limit [as stated in the
Nobel citation]. Sudarshan’s work is not merely a mathematical
formalism. It is the basic theory underlying all optical fields. All the
quantum features are brought out in his diagonal representation…

“It is my belief that the Royal Swedish Academy was impartial and that
to assure the proper priorities it has a Committee in Physics, with
members competent to examine and understand the published work. It was
also my belief that the members of the Committee did their work
diligently and with care.

I am therefore genuinely surprised and disappointed by this year’s
choice. It would distress me and many others if extra scientific
considerations were responsible for this decision. It is my hope that
these glaring injustices would be noted by the Academy and modify the
citations.

Give unto Glauber only what is his”.