UV Spectra Database?

JIM ORR, U. OF NEWFOUNDLAND, (709) 737-6635

Sep 26, 1989, 8:25:56 AM9/26/89
In our lab. we needed to know: what is a good water-soluble
"small molecule" marker for size-exclusion peptide
chromatography? We are monitoring UV at 280 nm. Nicotinamide
came to mind, which led to the question: what is the absorbance
of nicotinamide at 280 nm? This led to the question I really want
to ask sci.chemists:
Is there some databank of UV (and other?) spectra accessible
by email, perhaps even as a graph?

I know about the mass spectra database on compact disk. Perhaps
the best I can hope for is information on a corresponding UV CD.
Jim Orr