Age of Tigillites Bohmei?

Woodie O. Pugh

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

Fossil: Worm boring
Tigillites Bohmei (Branaugh)
Mescal Limestone Member- Apache Group
Giacoma's Camp, Inspiration Quadrangle,
Arizona

Someone tells me the age of this critter is 1.1 Ga. Sounds kinda old for a
metazoan. (!) I've searched the net for "Branaugh", etc. without any results.
Can anyone direct me to literature concerning this animal? Can anyone yea
or nay the surprising age? Can anyone tell me the age of the formation where
it was collected?
I noticed Adolf Seilacher, Tubingen, presented what he I.D.'s as a worm trace
found in 1.1 Ga rocks in India. (Science News Nov. 1,1997)
Any info would be appreciated.

Woodie O. Pugh

--
Remove anti-spamming characters <* from the
beginning, and *> from the end of e-mail address