Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

erik simpson

ungelesen,
24.12.2023, 23:57:0924.12.23
an sci.bio.paleontology
Merry Christmas all fossils out there (including living humans)!

Sight Reader

ungelesen,
25.12.2023, 11:46:2625.12.23
an
On Sunday, December 24, 2023 at 8:57:09 PM UTC-8, erik simpson wrote:
> Merry Christmas all fossils out there (including living humans)!

FOSSILS

At midnight in the museum hall
The fossils gathered for a ball
There were no drums or saxophones,
But just the clatter of their bones,
A rolling, rattling, carefree circus
Of mammoth polkas and mazurkas.
Pterodactyls and brontosauruses
Sang ghostly prehistoric choruses.
Amid the mastodontic wassail
I caught the eye of one small fossil.
"Cheer up, sad world," he said, and winked-
"It's kind of fun to be extinct."

- Ogden Nash

erik simpson

ungelesen,
25.12.2023, 12:22:1925.12.23
an sci.bio.paleontology
Good one! Is that from "The Golden Trashery of Ogden Nashery"?

Sight Reader

ungelesen,
26.12.2023, 20:39:4026.12.23
an
I’m sure it’s in numerous volumes. I first heard it in the poems he wrote to accompany the Carnival of the Animals.
0 neue Nachrichten