Gut Biome, controlled by host?

Tom Hendricks

Aug 8, 2014, 2:10:36 PM8/8/14
Lots of talk about our gut microbes (the foreign bugs that live on us have 10 times more DNA than our body). Mostly the talk is that the gut microbes call the shots, and we have to get the right ones to be healthy. But the host, us, are not without control. As I've said all along, and this study shows, it's the other way around, and the gut biome is mostly controlled by the host, again us!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140807145744.htm

Tom Hendricks

Oct 5, 2014, 1:17:47 AM10/5/14
This study shows that in sickness in mice, the host takes care of its good gut bacteria - that suggests that the host is far from inactive in determining it's gut bacteria.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141001133414.htm