[Leps-l] Overwintering strategy for four prairie butterfly species?

Julia Leone

Jun 30, 2021, 5:49:05 PM6/30/21
Hello Lepidopterists,

I am assembling data on the overwintering stages (egg/larva/pupa/adult) of several North American prairie butterflies to investigate butterfly responses to fire based on shared life-history characteristics.

I have had trouble finding sources for overwintering strategy for the following species:

Anatrytone logan (Delaware Skipper)
Echinargus isola (Reakirt's Blue)
Plebejus melissa (Melissa Blue)
Satyrium edwardsii (Edwards' Hairstreak)

If you have information or references about the overwintering stages for these species, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you,
Julia

Julia B. Leone
NSF Graduate Research Fellow
PhD candidate, Butterfly Conservation and Management
Conservation Sciences Graduate Program, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
US phone: +1 651 769 7786
Pronouns: she/her/hers