Pathways 2023 Conference | Registration & Lodging Open

Emily LeBlanc

Jan 25, 2023, 10:47:27 AM1/25/23
Pathways 2023: Human Dimensions of Wildlife Conference and Training
31 May - 03 June 2023

Pathways 2023 Registration
Registration is open for the Pathways 2023 conference, which will be held at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado on May 31 - June 3, 2023, and is cohosted by Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, Human Dimensions of Natural Resources at Colorado State University, and Fish and Wildlife Conservation at Virginia Tech.

Register now: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/pathways/23-registration/

If you need financial assistance, apply for one of our scholarships. View our scholarship information here: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/pathways/scholarships/

Lodging Reminder
We have contracted with several hotels for group lodging, including:

- Best Western University Inn at $130 per night

- Hilton Fort Collins at $154 per night

Visit our website to book lodging: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/pathways/accommodations/

If you prefer to stay on campus, you can book university lodging through the registration link. Please be aware that university housing does not provide toiletries and does not allow pets, smoking, or alcohol.

Conference Theme
Due to shifting societal values, we are seeing the sociocultural context of wildlife conservation changing. Wildlife is increasingly seen as part of one’s social network and worthy of care and compassion as opposed to being seen as something that should be used and managed to benefit humans. This leads to increasing challenges with traditional wildlife management techniques.

This year’s conference theme is “Managing Wildlife in an Era of Mutualism.” With this in mind, among other topics, Pathways 2023 will be exploring wildlife viewing, wildlife interactions, building meaningful relationships with underserved communities, and human-wildlife conflict through the lens of mutualism.

In pursuit of Pathways’ mission of increasing the professionalism and effectiveness in the human dimensions of wildlife management field, we continue to address the most pressing issues facing conservation efforts today. We invite your perspectives on this critical topic.

Plenary Speakers 2023
We are happy to announce the following plenary speakers for the 2023 conference:

Mark Sturm, Superintendent, Katmai National Park
Sara Parker Pauley, Director, Missouri Department of Conservation
Tony Wasley, Director, Nevada Department of Wildlife; President, AFWA
Alexandra Zimmermann, Chair, SSC Human-Wildlife Conflict Task Force, IUCN, Senior Research Fellow, WILDCRU
Ashley Dayer, Associate Professor, Virginia Tech
Duan Biggs, Founder, Resilient Conservation

Visit our website for more info about our plenary speakers: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/pathways/23-plenary-speakers/

Program Deadlines
For those of you who submitted abstracts, you will be hearing from us with a decision by January 30, 2023. We are asking for your revisions and RSVPs by February 11, 2023.

The Pathways 2023 online program release will be on February 25, 2023.

--

Warm Regards,
Pathways 2023 Conference Team