Mily Way galaxy only has 2 arms!!!

Jan Panteltje

May 17, 2023, 7:59:28 AM5/17/23
The Milky Way galaxy may be a different shape than we thought:
https://www.space.com/milky-way-galaxy-different-shape
Milky way galaxy only has 2 arms!

Eric Flesch

May 19, 2023, 4:46:24 PM5/19/23
Yes, for some time it's been known to be a barred spiral, from which
it follows that there should be 2 primary arms.

Jan Panteltje

May 21, 2023, 7:35:17 AM5/21/23
On a sunny day (Fri, 19 May 2023 20:46:40 GMT) it happened er...@flesch.org
(Eric Flesch) wrote in <6467df52....@news.bbs.nz>:

>Yes, for some time it's been known to be a barred spiral, from which
>it follows that there should be 2 primary arms.

Maybe it was caused by some other galaxy passing by and causing a shift in the central
black hole or whatever you want to call it.