The dual rotations of the Earth

oriel36

Feb 20, 2024, 3:47:50 AMFeb 20
On the September Equinox, the Earth and its rotational orientation relative to the ecliptic looks like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_Climate_Observatory#/media/File:EpicEarth-Globespin-tilt-23.4.gif

The dual geometrical traits of this rotational motion and orientation combine with the orbital or ecliptic traits.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/AxialTiltObliquity.png

"The third movement is the declination movement. For the axis of daily rotation is not parallel to the axis of the great circle but is inclined to it by such a part of the circumference, which in our time is almost 23 and a half degrees. Thus, the Earth's centre always remains in the plane of the ecliptic, i.e. on the circumference of a great circle, and its poles revolve, drawing small circles on both sides around the centres equidistant from the axis of the great circle. This movement, too, takes place over a period of almost a year and is almost equal to the revolution of the great wheel" Copernicus, Commentariolus.

Copernicus could not present this within the Ptolemaic framework, although Galileo picked up on this topic by rejecting it.

"From what I see was a certain experiment which I exhibited to some gentlemen at Rome in partial explanation and partial refutation of the "third motion" attributed by Copernicus to the Earth. This extra rotation, opposite in direction to all other celestial motions, appeared to many a most improbable thing and one that upset the whole Copernican system. What I said was designed to remove a difficulty attributed to the Copernican system, and I later added that anyone who would reflect upon the matter more carefully would see that Copernicus had spoken falsely when he attributed his "third motion" to the Earth since this would not be a motion at all, but a kind of rest. " Galileo, The Assayer.

The visual affirmation that a planet rotates in two separate ways is the time-lapse of the planet Uranus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE