Old User Manuals for Edmunds Scientific Telescope

Scott Grogan

Oct 22, 2014, 5:43:11 PM10/22/14
I recently inherited a Edmund's Scientific 6-inch f/6 Telescope with pedestal mount that I was able to identify in an Edmunds Catalogue from 1981. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or resources where I could find user manuals for telescopes dating back a few decades.

I'm very new to the world of telescopes but I would love to carry on the tradition.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Scott

Chris L Peterson

Oct 22, 2014, 5:58:42 PM10/22/14
That division of the company is now Edmund Scientifics,
http://www.scientificsonline.com/

You could try contacting them to see if they have any information. I
expect the telescope is quite simple, meaning that most anything you
might need to understand (adjusting setting circles, collimation) are
going to be pretty generic, and you should be able to learn about them
via information on the Internet that isn't specific to a particular
scope model.

Per Erik Jorde

Oct 23, 2014, 4:42:18 AM10/23/14
Scott Grogan <swgr...@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or resources where I
> could find user manuals for telescopes dating back a few decades.

Classic telescope catalogs and manuls:
http://geogdata.csun.edu/~voltaire/classics/

pej
--
Per Erik Jorde

Chris.B

Oct 23, 2014, 5:26:36 AM10/23/14
On Thursday, 23 October 2014 10:42:18 UTC+2, Per Erik Jorde wrote:

> Classic telescope catalogs and manuls:
> http://geogdata.csun.edu/~voltaire/classics/
>
> pej
> --