Telescopes continue climb in price

RichA

May 6, 2022, 10:42:05 PM5/6/22
Scopes are rising about 10% per increase and there has been more than one increase on certain models. For example, the 80mm Explore Scientific f6 refractors have gone up 50 percent in a year and a half, so it long predates the current Bidenflation. Part of it might have been caused by shortages too.
Orion's venerable fpl-53 based 80mm went up $100 then got killed off.
The delivery time of a "common" Celestron 6 inch SCT is supposedly out to 12 months now. Exporting the entire low to mid-end telescope industry to China probably resulted in lower prices, but also now shortages.

StarDust

May 7, 2022, 2:32:25 AM5/7/22
Who cares?
I haven't bought a telescope at least 10 years!
🤑🤗

May 8, 2022, 9:41:27 AM5/8/22
Two different approaches to being an amateur astronomer:

One that involves buying new equipment very rarely.
Another that involves buying/selling/trading equipment every minute and a half.

RichA

May 8, 2022, 5:40:35 PM5/8/22
I used a 60mm refractor for 6 years then a C8 for 10 years but bought a lot after that to gain aperture and try new scopes to see differences.

fred k. engels®

May 9, 2022, 10:04:16 AM5/9/22
The Chicom massive spy satellites continue to climb in number!!!!!!!!!!!