Farewell to the newsgroup

oriel36

Feb 20, 2024, 4:36:11 PMFeb 20
I remember my first posting, almost 30 years ago, to what became Google Groups, then Deja News.

There is no sense in making a noisy exit; after all, many topics were presented, even if they were not discussed meaningfully. So, Google Groups will remain frozen in time with all those topics scattered like a thousand leaves across the decades, and some really loved.

Of course, there is sadness, and despite the flight of contributors to the safety of the moderated forums, this newsgroup will always remain dear to me.

" Behold, the hour is coming and has arrived when each of you will be scattered to his own home and you will leave me alone. But I am not alone, because the Father is with me. " Jesus