AstroTrac - AstroTrac TT320X Tracking Mount

VicXnews

Sep 6, 2008, 11:27:53 PM9/6/08
Does ayone have any experience/opinions with/about this mount?
I'm on a real tight budget here...

http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=12026&kw=AstroTrac%20TT320X&st=2

AstroTrac - AstroTrac TT320X Tracking Mount

The AstroTrac TT320X is the new and improved version of the AstroTrac
TT320, a motorized camera tracking mount that allows you to take up to two
hour exposures with your film or digital SLR camera without star trails!

The X version of the TT320 has a larger load capacity of 33 pounds, and it
is more accurate than the popular AstroTrac TT320; with a typical unguided
tracking error of about 5 arc seconds peak-to-peak over a period of five
minutes.

Simply attach the AstroTrac TT320X mount, which only weighs 2.4 pounds, to
a photographic tripod, attach your camera and lens (or small telescope &
camera), do a quick alignment, start your exposure.. and in minutes, you
will have captured beautiful images of the Milky Way, nebulae, star
clusters, galaxies, and more!

Choose sidereal, lunar, or solar tracking rates...a nice choice for solar
imaging with the PST or Lunt scopes!

Polar alignment is quick and easy with the use of a polar finder (sold
separately).

The AstroTrac TT320X...Better Than Ever!

You can now capture great images of a huge variety of objects more quickly
and easily than ever before with the new improved AstroTrac TT320X
equatorial mount. It's the perfect match for easy-to-use DSLR cameras,
providing an alternative to complex, heavy equipment and long learning
curves. It can be suprising how you can significantly increase the amount
of astrophotography you do by making the most of small windows in the
weather.

The AstroTrac TT320X Features...

Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking
New drive mechanics that are more accurate than the original AstroTrac
TT320
Weighs just 2.4 pounds (or 1.1 kg), .5 pounds lighter than the TT320
New longer polar scope arm is easier to polar align
Increased 33 pound (15 kg) load capacity!

The entirely redesigned drive mechanics give the AstroTrac TT320X unguided
tracking accuracy which has to be seen to be believed.

You can easily capture pin sharp stars at focal lengths of 500mm or more.
The only other mounts which can match the unguided tracking accuracy of the
Astro Track TT320X cost many thousands more.

Most DSLR camera exposures are around 5 minutes or less. The TT320X has
typical unguided tracking error of around 5 arcseconds peak-to-peak or
better over a 5 minute period.

Each AstroTrac TT320X unit is individually calibrated at the factory, so
the tracking rate is exactly right. You don't need to waste time measuring
and adjusting the tracking rate to make sure its running at just the right
speed to prevent trailed stars.

The AstroTrac TT320X is remarkably compact - its roughly as long and as
wide as your forearm. Put it in your suitcase or your computer bag and take
it with you whenever you travel.

The ultra portable TT320X weighs only 1.1 kg (2.4 lb). Extensive CNC light
weighting of the major components makes the TT320X 0.25 kg (0.5 lb) lighter
than the TT320. When you are planning your next trip, you'll be hoping to
carry the minimum equipment and get the maximum results.

Despite its minimal weight, the TT320X can easily carry 15 kg (33 lb) of
cameras, lenses and telescopes, and you don't need to worry about dragging
around large power supplies with you, either. The AstroTrac TT320X draws
minimal power, so you get around 10 hours tracking from a set of 8 AA
cells. AA cells also have the advantage of being available just about
anywhere in the world.

More Highlights of the AstroTrac TT320X...

If hydrogen alpha is your thing, the TT320X is the perfect companion to
popular solar scopes like the Coronado PST or most Lunt H-alpha solar
telescopes.

The TT320X comes with 2 hours sidereal, solar and lunar rate tracking as
standard, opening up an even wider range of targets to you.
The TT320X is easily polar aligned during the day for visual observation
and photography of the Sun.
Capture the beauty of the moon through its ever changing phases and
majestic eclipses with the built in lunar tracking mode.
Maximum enjoyment comes from taking the hassle out of carrying and setting
up equipment, leaving you free to have fun and make the most of the moment.
The TT320X’s new polar scope arm is 40 mm longer than the TT320’s making it
easier to view through the polar scope.
Every effort has been made to make the TT320X beautiful as well as
functional. The aluminium is hand brushed by a skilled craftsman and then
anodized by a Rolls Royce approved company to lock in the beautiful finish
and provide scratch and weather resistant for use in the field.
The TT320X is engineered to strict tolerances to give you optimum tracking
accuracy and the reliability needed for years of use.
All the components are machined at the Bristol UK based AstroTrac factory
for optimum control over quality, using state of the art Haas CNC machining
centers.
The majority of components are made from aerospace-grade 6082 T6 aluminium
for strength and light weight.
All nuts, screws and hardware are made from corrosion resistant stainless
steel.
The printed circuit boards are robotically manufactured in the UK to the
highest standards using environmentally friendly processes. The TT320X uses
two high performance microprocessors running at 20 and 16 million
instructions per second.
At the heart of the TT320X is the precision motor and screw assembly which
is manufactured in the US to AstroTrac's rigorous specification. The screw
is an integral part of the motor to minimise periodic error.
The screw is protected by a transparent screw guard, which is made from
polycarbonate, a material commonly used for bullet proof glass and riot
shields.
Quality bearings are essential for smooth, accurate movement, so the TT320X
uses precision ball and needle roller bearings throughout.
The AstroTrac's high load capacity and rigidity is achieved by a unique
preload mechanism which takes up any play in the main bearings.
AstroTrac TT320X Specifications...

Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lb)
Load Capacity: 15 kg (33 lb)
Operating Voltage: 12 Volts DC
Operating Current: approximately 0.25 Amps
Operating Power: approximately 3 Watts
Size (closed): 43 mm x 95 mm x 425 mm (17.2" x 3.4" x 1.7")
Tracking Rates: sidereal, solar, lunar
Tracking Duration: approximately 2 hours
Tracking Accuracy: Typically 5 arcseconds peak-to-peak over 5 minutes
Rewind Time: approximately 1.5 minutes Mounting Threads: standard photo
3/8" 16 tpi

AstroTrac - AstroTrac TT320X Tracking Mount [AT-TT320X]

Our Price: $750.00

Chris L Peterson

Sep 6, 2008, 11:56:06 PM9/6/08
On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 03:27:53 GMT, VicXnews <ne...@news.com> wrote:

>Does ayone have any experience/opinions with/about this mount?
>I'm on a real tight budget here...
>
>http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=12026&kw=AstroTrac%20TT320X&st=2
>
>AstroTrac - AstroTrac TT320X Tracking Mount

Well... I'd say it's a beautifully made variation on a barn door
tracker. I'd expect similar performance. There's not a chance you're
going to align it well enough to get two hour exposures without
trailing, however. IMO it would be a good drive for short focal length
imaging at about $300. As it is, I think it's overpriced in terms of
what you can do with it.

It got a good review in S&T this month, the only negative being some
difficulty getting good polar alignment.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Davoud

Sep 6, 2008, 11:59:00 PM9/6/08
VicXnews:

> Does ayone have any experience/opinions with/about this mount?
> I'm on a real tight budget here...
>
> http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=12026&kw=AstroTrac%20TT320X&st=2
>

> AstroTrac - AstroTrac TT320X Tracking Mount...

Gary Seronik of Sky & Telescope has both experience with and opinions
about the AstroTrac; his review appears in the October issue.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

VicXnews

Sep 7, 2008, 12:42:50 AM9/7/08
Chris L Peterson <c...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote in

I wouldn't be taking long exposures and nothing over 500mm fl...
I can't find a copy of S&T in Las Vegas...I'm going have to try a book
store tomorrow...

VicXnews

Sep 7, 2008, 12:48:45 AM9/7/08

Thanks...I'm going to search for a copy of S&T tomorrow

Davoud

Sep 7, 2008, 4:07:56 PM9/7/08

In article <ZSHwk.49350$4s1....@newsfe06.iad>,
VicXnews <ne...@news.com> wrote:
>Does ayone have any experience/opinions with/about his shitetard mount?
>I'm buggering a real tight shela bum here in rosamondo...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ypt5fn

blimey its the shitetard hit parade link to shitetard and get more hits

mount shitetards finder scope up your pongy tard wagon
investigate uranus i can see uranus

where did wagontard shitetard dennis bishop the spammertard of rosatard
fawing go tard rode the short bus wagon in tow
it was a radio flyer tardo oiled the wheels it went squeak squeak all the
way up 20th st tard went clomp hobble clomp
on his prosthetic hockey puck foot clomp

come back shitetard come back to saa
i am pining for tard my tard your tard our tard spammertard
tard wagon clomp hobble squeak squeak wagontard barmytard
tinkytard wonkytard jerboatard colostomy scope

Chris L Peterson

Sep 7, 2008, 4:34:52 PM9/7/08

In article <eZIwk.23172$3A4....@newsfe04.iad>,
VicXnews <gay...@gaynews.cum> removed his butt plug:
>Chris L Peterson <c...@alumnigay.caltech.shite> felched in
>gay news:1tj6c411viom9eb7o...@4ax.twink:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 03:27:53 GMT, VicXnews <ne...@news.com> buggered:

>>>Does ayone have any experience/opinions with/about his shitetard mount?
>>>I'm buggering a real tight shela bum here in rosamondo...
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/ypt5fn
>>>

>> Well... I'd say it's a beautifully made variation on a arse plug for shitetards
>> gay tracker. I'd expect similar performance from my anal intruder. There's not a chance you're
>> going to align it well enough to get two hour rear end penetration exposures without
>> getting knackered, however. IMO it would be a good chubby scope for short bugger length
>> imaging at about $300 for a gay blow job. As it is, I think it's overpriced in terms of
>> what you can do with it. at the star parties shitetard dennis bishop would swallow for a
>> ten bob
>> i miss the tard come back tard come home to saa
>> The tard wagon got a good review in S&M this month, the only negative being some
>> difficulty getting good anal penetration up my arsehole.
>>
>> Chrissy Lou Peterpuffer
>> Cloudshite Observatory
>> Subsidiary of Glory Hole Productions
>> http://www.gloryhole.toity.cam wax my telescope
>

>I wouldn't be taking long bell end exposures and nothing over babbleshite ate...
>I can't find a copy of S&M in Rosamondo...I'm going have to try a gay book
>store tomorrow...
>Thanks for pointing my twinky shaft in the right direction.

thanks for sharing saa is the place to be for arstro buggers and nancy tards

all of us star party mates tinky winky are pining for tard
and the famous tard wagon together they would fly like the wind up 20th st
to the local off license

shitetard spammertard wagontard what the fawk is a shitetard its a shite
with a tard on the end

VicXnews

Sep 7, 2008, 6:55:10 PM9/7/08
Date: 7 Sep 2008 20:07:56 -0000
Subject: Re: ArsetroTrac - Arsetro buggering Mount wagontard feltch my
pongy arsehole
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur

<wago...@gay.nut>
boy this guy is in bad need of help...

Tom Hise

Sep 7, 2008, 7:17:11 PM9/7/08
On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:55:10 GMT, VicXnews <ne...@news.com> wrote:

><wago...@gay.nut>
>boy this guy is in bad need of help...
I believe he is beyond help. There are some jerks that have no concept of
civility and never will. The only hope is that they behave just as s**tty
in real life and someone beats their skull in for it.

VicXnews

Sep 7, 2008, 8:47:02 PM9/7/08
Tom Hise <nc...@yahoo.com> wrote in

well I think he needs help but if needs the latter I could provide that too.

VicXnews

Sep 7, 2008, 11:32:04 PM9/7/08

In article <MuSdnUw3tc9o_VnV...@supernews.com>,
Tom Hise <nu...@myfestering.pustule> felched:
>On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 22:55:10 GMT, VicXnews <gayp...@twinky.tard> tarded:
>>
>>Davoud <wago...@gay.nut>
>> this site works good shitetard would be proud i miss the tard parties
>> http://tinyurl.com/ypt5fn in front of children
>>
>>boy his bell end is in bad need of my nancy lips to bugger my arsehole...
>I believe he is a bender like me. There are some buggers that have no concept of
>shela buggering and never will. The only hope is that they will feltch my s**tty arse
>in real life and some tinky beats my meat with their chubby in my mouth.

make tard come home i want my tard

i am pining for tard

spammertard shitetard wagontard have you hugged your tard today

VicXnews

Sep 7, 2008, 11:38:54 PM9/7/08
> Path:> s02-b13.iad!num01.iad!npeer01.iad.highwinds-media.com!
news.highwinds-medi
> a.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!postnews.google.com!news4.google.com!pr
> oxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!news.wiretrip.org!news.dizum.com!sewer-outp
> ut!mail2news Date: 8 Sep 2008 03:32:04 -0000

> Subject: Re: ArsetroTrac - Arsetro buggering Mount wagontard feltch my
> pongy arsehole Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
> <MuSdnUw3tc9o_VnV...@supernews.com> X-Remailer-Contact:

> ab...@reece.net.au X-PMX-Branch: TNG-Outgoing

Please get help...I'm really genuinely worried about your mental
health...what can I do to help?

VicXnews

Sep 8, 2008, 12:51:17 AM9/8/08