Mammoth hunt & butchered 37ka USA

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Aug 1, 2022, 8:30:52 PMAug 1

I Envy JTEM

Aug 1, 2022, 8:55:39 PMAug 1
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11070001/Humans-settled-North-America-17-000-years-EARLIER-previously-believed-study-finds.html
>
> Recall human footprints found also in that region +30ka

How might you distinguish so called "Moderns" from, oh, I dunno,
erectus or Denisoven?

I don't buy into the "Different Species" nonsense but what group
(or population) are we speaking of?

And how could we tell if these inhabitants came from the east or
west?

Maybe Asia, maybe Oceania, where it's certain people did come
from, but why not Africa or Europe? Water crossings are known
starting at least 100,000 years ago, over in the Mediterranean.
During glacial periods, the islands of the Atlantic would have been
far larger and more numerous. Coastlines might've been more
than 100 miles further out than they are now. They might've island
hopped. They might've got caught in currents or blown out to sea
by storms. Or they may have even been curious.

So how do we tell?

Can you tell?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/688340604117204992