Paleo diet

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 24, 2022, 9:06:58 PM11/24/22
https://phys.org/news/2022-11-cooking-caves-reveals-sophisticated-prehistoric.html

Veggie pea flatbreads at Shanidar & Greek caves

https://phys.org/news/2022-11-human-diet-transition-agriculture.html

In looking at the oral microbiome of such people, the researchers found that it changed from one that supported eating mostly meat to one that relied on plant-based and fermented foods such as those produced by dairy products.

More specifically, the team sequenced the DNA of material found in 76 dental calculus samples, covering the years 31,000 BC to 2,200 BC. By doing this, the researchers found two major shifts in the makeup of the oral biome—an early subtle shift as people began to eat homegrown food, and then a more pronounced shift that occurred as eating agricultural products became mainstream during the Neolithic Age.

JTEM is so reasonable

Nov 25, 2022, 12:27:20 PM11/25/22
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> https://phys.org/news/2022-11-cooking-caves-reveals-sophisticated-prehistoric.html
>
> Veggie pea flatbreads at Shanidar & Greek caves

There's no science anymore, only politics. This story is about how you shouldn't
want meat, which is too good for you anyway so it works out.

https://www.rewild.com/in-depth/longevity.html

Funny how they forgot some of the important things, like how they were dying
younger WITH all that sophisticated agriculture...

Also interesting how it has been pointed out many times that agriculture supports
a higher population density than does hunter gathering... just as the sea (Aquatic
Ape) supports a higher population density than does inland hunter gathering. Thus:

MILLIONS OF YEARS where Aquatic Ape offered a distinct advantage, population
wise, with zero results (according to the monkeys of P.A.) but THOUSANDS OF
YEARS of agriculture proves... proves... well it proves something, else you & they
wouldn't think it's so significant.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/701569038790377472

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 26, 2022, 11:46:28 AM11/26/22
---
White rice, white flour, white bread = all nutrients removed during processing
'Enriched' = only the most needed nutrient is put back in, other nutrients aren't.
Brown rice was East Asian traditional carb, then shipping trade required nutrients to be removed for better storage, resulting in beriberi vit B deficiency.
https://youtu.be/FBaResVeer4

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 28, 2022, 12:13:43 PM11/28/22
Nixtamal @Azt: Add alkali (ash, powdered clamshells) to raw maize to greatly improve nutritional benefit.
https://www.puraveda.org/post/nixtamal-the-process-of-making-corn-digestable-and-nutritious

Phytates are in many plant veggies, they prevent digestion. Adding ash reduces their effect, releasing more vitamins.

Corn, beans-cruciforms & milk are not well digested unless enzymes and/or alkali are added during processing or genetic adaptation has occurred.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 28, 2022, 9:07:07 PM11/28/22
-
I'm not donating blood plasma this week, so I decided to get creative with my diet, by fasting with only fluids.
Now halfway thru my First-ever 48hr Fast. No suffering at all, just habit-cracking & food-code switching.
Consumed: 2 black coffee, 1 whey + stevia decaf coffee, 2 kool-aids with BCAA, 1/4 NaCl pack, 1 omega3 capsule, 1 probiotic capsule, much water.
Produced: 100 bicep curls, 100 situps, 25 short pushups, 25 planks, much stretching, walked 3mi treadmill, bicycled 10mi.
Theme: Trim & Tidy, both open & hide-y.
Note: Cool dreams last night.
Revelation: This morning I ordered coffee at BK, I always add cream & artif. sweet, but now I call that "candy coffee", (a rare tasty treat without nutrition or food value). Today I set those side aside, I just drank it black from my thermos, then returned later to fill the thermos with ice.
Future Feast: Tomorrow morning, coffee, later herbal tea. I'll repeat ab exercise & add leg work, maybe walk 2 mi on incline, then 5min High Intensity Interval Training to burn out carbs. Then tomorrow night, I'll grill a steak with shrooms, peppers, chives, eggs, avocados, cheddar cheese. I'll skip the usual chips & sauces & chelada beers, due to high/hidden carbs.
Target: I aim at 20g carbs total daily for 2 days after fast. DD

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 28, 2022, 10:07:51 PM11/28/22

JTEM is so reasonable

Nov 29, 2022, 12:17:40 AM11/29/22
On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 10:07:51 PM UTC-5, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> On Monday, November 28, 2022 at 9:07:07 PM UTC-5, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

I'm concerned. You've only replied to yourself four times!

Are you feeling ill?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/702211157911552000

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 29, 2022, 7:38:27 AM11/29/22
-
Yesterday at 24 hrs: total of 3 grams of carbs consumed (in whey) .
Today at 34 hrs: total of 5 grams of carbs consumed (in whey).

20 grams of carbs = low carb diet
0-1 gram of carbs = no carb diet
Very hard to find any food that has < 1 gram carbs
Today is an active low-impact aerobics day with 2 minute HIIT.
Going well so far. Doesn't seem to have burned much fat though, might delay feast until 54 hrs and keep exercising til then.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 29, 2022, 6:43:58 PM11/29/22
-
I intended to feast in 2.5 hrs but I erred in doing my HIIT way too late (an hour ago). I should have done it at 9am and not drank the whey coffee.That would have burned any pre-fast residual and kickstarted the real bodyfat burning. Being new at this, I didn't know. Anyway, I did 100 folded leg pushups then jump-roped 100, then sat for 30sec, then repeated, followed by 25 lunges, all as fast I could. Now until 9am, I'll rest, then break fast with low carb grub.

I saw a video by a Dr. Rimon which claims that hypoxia increases autophagy (fat burning), so I've been trying breath-holding during aerobics & stretching, though I couldn't during HIIT.

I guess I'll lose 5lbs. Didn't sweat much. Feels good, but cravings have arrived. I can smell foods a mile away!!

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 29, 2022, 7:01:52 PM11/29/22
-
James Webster, Darren C. Greenwood, Janet E. Cade. Foods, nutrients and hip fracture risk: A prospective study of middle-aged women. Clinical Nutrition, 2022; 41 (12): 2825 DOI: 10.1016/j.clnu.2022.11.008 Protein &
Coffee-tea reduce hip fractures

Black tea flavonoids prevent aortic sludge
Benjamin H. Parmenter, Catherine P. Bondonno, Kevin Murray, John T. Schousboe, Kevin Croft, Richard L. Prince, Jonathan M. Hodgson, Nicola P. Bondonno, Joshua R. Lewis. Higher Habitual Dietary Flavonoid Intake Associates With Less Extensive Abdominal Aortic Calcification in a Cohort of Older Women. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 2022; 42 (12): 1482 DOI: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.122.318408

littor...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2022, 7:16:00 PM11/29/22
my little little little boy, who's interested in your weight???

> I guess I'll lose 5lbs. Didn't sweat much. Feels good, but cravings have arrived. I can smell foods a mile away!!

sigh
please keep running after your kudu

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 29, 2022, 8:22:51 PM11/29/22
The name's V.
M.V.
Special agent 007%.
Licensed to kill
kudus.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 29, 2022, 8:39:22 PM11/29/22
-
I've decided to delay my break-fast until noon tomorrow. Why? Because at the church where we meet for breakfast coffee, there is a pharma-sponsored free blood test that includes tests for cholesterol, LDL, HDL, eosinophils, hematocrit, hemoglobin, etc. I'll do the test after 60 hours of fasting, to see my levels, then take another a month later after being on a regular paleo-keto diet. I took it a year ago and 6 mo. ago while eating mixed carbs, fats & protein, including much hidden sugar & starch and not exercising as much. I'm 60 now, and in some ways more healthy than I was 5, 10 and even 15 years ago (arthritis). So the tests will be interesting, now that I've seen Dr. Ekbergs videos on blood lab tests and insulin resistance. I don't mind delayed dietary satisfaction for that sort of thing.
If I can fall asleep!

littor...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2022, 8:16:04 AM11/30/22
great news from kudu runner:

> I've decided to delay my break-fast until noon tomorrow.

splendid

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 30, 2022, 11:32:15 AM11/30/22
-
Got blood tested, but they changed labs, now it only tests for social diseases & STDs, so not yseful. Anyway, I breaf-fasted at 60 hours. I lost 5lbs. Now I'll be on low carb paleo-keto diet for a few days.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Dec 4, 2022, 2:53:19 PM12/4/22
-
Video: fat consumption is more efficient than carbs to mitochondria
https://youtu.be/BTSrFhTzc8U