Lake Turkana domeshield evolution

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 26, 2022, 10:14:50 AM11/26/22

Pandora

Nov 26, 2022, 11:40:11 AM11/26/22
On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 07:14:49 -0800 (PST), "DD'eDeN aka
note/nickname/alas_my_loves" <daud....@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://youtu.be/gbIko-zSGog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sqDoI5ad8

Now, try that using shells and fishbones.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 26, 2022, 4:06:22 PM11/26/22
The San make rope to assemble their domes.
No non-human hominoid makes rope, nor needs it in their shelter construction.
The Mbuti & Baka do not need rope to assemble their domes, nor do the Inuit.
https://youtu.be/VIGxcahREjM

littor...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2022, 5:47:56 PM11/26/22
kudu runner:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sqDoI5ad8
> Now, try that using shells and fishbones.

:-DDD
Why shoud we???
My little little boy: only kudu runners believe this is relevant to (google)
"coastal disersal of Pleistocene Homo".
Grow up.

JTEM is so reasonable

Nov 26, 2022, 7:37:04 PM11/26/22
Pandora wrote:

> "DD'eDeN aka
> note/nickname/alas_my_loves" <daud....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >https://youtu.be/gbIko-zSGog
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sqDoI5ad8
>
> Now, try that using shells and fishbones.

The oldest evidence for artificial housing, and it's far from uncontested,
is in... France, is it? And it's attributed to Heidelberg Man.

But of course Africa is merely a preservation bias, where all the houses,
the DNA and even the rocks -- at least the rocks used in Chimpanzee
"Tool" industry -- were never preserved. All those millions of Chimpanzee
tools, and monkey tools, more like BILLIONS of "Tools"... all that
rock dissolved along with the fossils, the evidence for housing, the DNA
the find everywhere else... all dissolved in magical African Fairy Dust.

Sometimes the evidence you don't have IS important, IS proving something.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/701934020130390016

Pandora

Nov 27, 2022, 4:21:36 AM11/27/22
On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:06:21 -0800 (PST), "DD'eDeN aka
note/nickname/alas_my_loves" <daud....@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 11:40:11 AM UTC-5, Pandora wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 07:14:49 -0800 (PST), "DD'eDeN aka
>> note/nickname/alas_my_loves" <daud....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >https://youtu.be/gbIko-zSGog
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sqDoI5ad8
>>
>> Now, try that using shells and fishbones.
>
>The San make rope to assemble their domes.
>No non-human hominoid makes rope, nor needs it in their shelter construction.
>The Mbuti & Baka do not need rope to assemble their domes, nor do the Inuit.
>https://youtu.be/VIGxcahREjM

So San dwellings are more sophisticated than tree nests. That's to be
expected in Homo sapiens. But basically it's still the same kind of
material and technology.

Pandora

Nov 27, 2022, 5:25:16 AM11/27/22
Because temporary or permanent dwellings are one of the universal
characteristics of Homo sapiens, that possibly evolved from nest
construction in hominoids, for protection against the elements and
other dangers, particularly at night.
If not natural (cave), in its most elementary form best achieved with
woody and fibrous plant material abundanty available in the
environment.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 27, 2022, 8:10:28 AM11/27/22
Googled MV + Kudu, got 10 million hits, googled Lieberman + Kudu, got 3 million hits!?!
:D

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 27, 2022, 8:32:22 AM11/27/22
Agree, just derived for wide open grassy areas & with more intricate tech.
(Savannah chimps sleep in arboreal bowl nests, savannah baboons sleep in tree forks.)

Monkeys generally do not break branches to interlace branches, all great hominoids do that. This partial breaking is related to the more advanced process of rope-making and to knot tying, the folding back of a pliable twig or cord (as per the San dome video) is functional and non-random, while it is random in other primates (and other fauna) that don't construct similar shelters. I'm not sure if nest-building birds do this, I don't think so, despite their skill. This proclivity would degenerate in a species which switched to cave dwelling, I suspect neanderthals and denisovans adapted to caves due to cold winters, and lost the tendency to fold back pliable materials used in shelter-making, rope-making & knot-tying, but did lash items together via coiling. Not that non-Hs lacked the ability, but it lost its significance in daily sheltering, while in Hs it became much more important (eg. better wind-proof shelters, hafting stone-wood tools).

JTEM is so reasonable

Nov 28, 2022, 2:26:47 AM11/28/22
Pandora wrote:

> Because temporary or permanent dwellings are one of the universal
> characteristics of Homo sapiens

Homo sapiens neanderthalensis?

Homo sapiens heidelbergensis?

This is far from uncharted territory. It's interdisciplinary. Plenty of
archaeology work has already been done, unearthing the evidence
of settlements, including some pretty crude housing, yet nobody
has found any evidence for this early housing you speak of.

They weren't as social? Is that it? Settlements were far smaller or
even unique to a single structure? No "Village" style settlements?

The stone rings seen in some of the videos of MODERN people, the
ones we're pretending are a model for Homo sapiens, would certainly
have preserved. Where are they?

Simply put: You're either looking in the wrong place or you're just
wrong.

This is science. It's how science works. Evidence. Testing ideas.
One "Prediction" of your ideas that does lend itself to testing is that
some of these sites, the locations of these early "Domeshield" or
gass huts or whatever you want to call them: People living. Cooking.
Eating. Dying. Making tools. Using tools.

They should exist. You could find them, if they exist.

We don't find them. Like the millions of years of Chimp tools, and
tens of millions of years of monkey tools, they were all gobbled
up by the invisible pink unicorns....

Same thing happened to Naledi DNA. And their tools. And all their
other burial sites... the same invisible pink unicorns got at them,
ate them all; gobbled them all up.

Such a shame, those invisible pink unicorns, eating all the evidence.

Or maybe there's no such thing as invisible pink unicorns and the
evidence never existed because you're just plain wrong.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/701970720341770240