Oh no! Turkana Basin totally defeats Aquatic Ape.. NOT!!!

I Envy JTEM

Jul 26, 2022, 5:51:56 PM7/26/22

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/229993415_Freshwater_stingrays_from_the_Plio-Pleistocene_of_the_Turkana_Basin_Kenya_and_Ethiopia

So Stingrays could migrate from the Indian Ocean to
the Turkana Basin and that's fine. But, suggest that
an Aquatic Ape ancestor could follow that same route
is maddening! It's fighting words!

*Grrrr* they make people so ANGRY! Saying humans
can follow rivers inland... OMG! WHY?!?! WHY WOULD
THEY THINK SUCH TERRIBLE THINGS?!?!?!

Plus crocodiles!

And Domeshields!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/690826487529684992

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Jul 26, 2022, 7:24:34 PM7/26/22
Meds.

I Envy JTEM

Jul 26, 2022, 9:53:10 PM7/26/22
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> Meds.

I can't help you. Talk to your doctor.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/690886691900325888

I Envy JTEM

Aug 11, 2022, 2:34:29 AM8/11/22
This is important. It's what members of the Lucky Sperm Club (Google
it) never figure but, evidence can and usually (almost always does)
support more than one conclusion. This is why I always point to the
murder trial as a model:

CONVERGENCE OF EVIDENCE!

"The defendant didn't like the murder victim, I can prove it, so that
means he's guilty!"

No, because other people could have (and probably did) hate the
victim! That one little bit of evidence, by itself, means nothing.

"We found the defendants finger prints in the room!"

Okay. Did they live together? Did they know each other? Is there
any reason what so ever to suspect that the defendants finger
prints should NOT be in the room?

"Evidence" is not a French word for "Proof." And evidence almost
always is, at best, CONSISTENT with a conclusion but not
necessarily inconsistent with any other conclusion.

Okay, so the Turkana Basin is actually CONSISTENT WITH Aquatic
Ape. It had outlets to the sea. Any population -- "Species" if you
will -- living along the coast, following the waterline would have
access to Turkana Basin. The Basin would be able to sustain
break away members of such a population.

THIS IS PREDICTED!

We have Neanderthals, we have Denisovans, we have plenty of
others, seems like every time we turn over a rock we find
another, and they're living everywhere from southern Africa to
deep into Oceania. And it was Aquatic Ape that did this. They
followed the coast and some groups branched off, pushed
inland, adapted to their local environments, took their own
unique evolutionary paths only to be connected again BY THE
AQAUTIC POPULATION.

Turkana Basin is totally consistent with this.

Not that it's impressive. It's great for it's preservation bias,
the fact that remains were preserved there, not for any
"Representative Sampling."

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/692262530745352192