34ma S.Am & Austl split off

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 27, 2021, 5:14:37 AM11/27/21

I Envy JTEM

Nov 28, 2021, 6:20:13 AM11/28/21
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2021/11/tectonic-shift-in-southern-ocean-caused.html?m=1

What the bleeding FUCK is going on here?

This thing is dated less than a week ago, yet it's not saying anything new or even
medium aged. This is O-L-D stuff.

When the Antarctic finally broke free of South America is allowed the formation
of the Circumpolar current. This is why it's so cold. Yes, it's position as "The South
Pole" can not account for it's cold. It should be warmer than it is. Maybe not warm
but warmer. And it WAS warmer. But then the Circumpolar current formed.

The earth is warmed by the sun. Most of the sun's energy falls along the equator
and then is distributed around the world by the currents. The circumpolar current
walls off Antarctica, stops the warmer waters from the equator from ever reaching
the land.

The formation of the Isthmus of Panama had a similar effect. It formed about
3 million years ago, ended any exchange of water between the oceans at that
point, changing the currents. And that change in currents caused cold spots to
form... cooled the Earth.

Nice France is about 20F WARMER in December, on average, than is Toronto
Canada. But, they're both roughly as far north. The difference all comes down to
the way that the earth circulates energy -- the heat. Plate tectonics changes that
circulation.

All of this has been known for... I don't know. To be honest, I don't think there was
ever a time in my life when it wasn't known.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/669065777369989120

littor...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 8:03:07 AM11/28/21
Op zondag 28 november 2021 om 12:20:13 UTC+1 schreef I Envy JTEM:
:-) IOW, you're still very young?
Anyway, thanks!

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 28, 2021, 10:16:59 AM11/28/21
It is not news, it is confirmation with new data, typical science.