400ka systematic bone tool making

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Sep 13, 2021, 12:27:53 AM9/13/21

I Envy JTEM

Sep 13, 2021, 12:45:10 AM9/13/21
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> http://www.sci-news.com/archaeology/castel-di-guido-elephant-bone-tools-10016.html

Seeing how the popular claims are that tool making begins no later than habilis,
whose name means "handy man" as a nod to his tool making, and many stretching
it back a million years further than that, isn't 400k the work of underachievers?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/662184098294595584

Primum Sapienti

Sep 18, 2021, 12:23:00 AM9/18/21
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
>
>> http://www.sci-news.com/archaeology/castel-di-guido-elephant-bone-tools-10016.html
>
> Seeing how the popular claims are that tool making begins no later than habilis,
> whose name means "handy man" as a nod to his tool making, and many stretching
> it back a million years further than that, isn't 400k the work of underachievers?

The key word is "systematic".

I Envy JTEM

Sep 18, 2021, 1:39:36 PM9/18/21
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acheulean

The only thing "Systematic" is the non-news passed as news.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/662527882140270592

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Sep 18, 2021, 4:22:29 PM9/18/21

I Envy JTEM

Sep 19, 2021, 12:15:03 AM9/19/21
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> https://www.sciencenews.org/article/stone-age-bone-scraper-tools-animal-skin-leather-pelt-cave-morocco

So a 90k year old scraper has WHAT relevance to a 400k year old tool?

See? See that? You habitually post random cites, behaving as if they are
somehow related to a previous cite.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/662527882140270592