Naledi's foot

littor...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 9:44:52 AM11/29/21
The foot of Homo naledi
WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
see abstract below.

Good facts, but anthropocentric interpretation (wishful thinking):
Pan-Australopithecus naledi & chimp ancestors (& chimp fetuses still) had more human-like feet (full plantigrady), not for running after antelopes, but:
- flat feet for wading bipedally in swamp forests,
- curved phalanges for climbing into the branches above the swamp,
google
- "Pan or Homo naledi PPT verhaegen" &
- our TREE paper "Aquarboreal Ancestors?"

______

The foot of Homo naledi
WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
Nature Comm. 6:8432 open access
doi 10.1038/ncomms9432

Hs are characterized by a highly specialized foot, that reflects(?? --mv) our obligate bipedalism.
Our understanding of hominin foot evolution is, although, hindered by a paucity of well-associated remains.

Here we describe the foot of H.naledi from Dinaledi Chamber (SA), using 107 pedal elements, incl. 1 nearly-complete adult foot.
The naledi foot is predom.Hs-like in morphology & inferred function:
- adducted hallux,
- elongated tarsus,
- derived ankle & calcaneo-cuboid joints.
In combination, these features indicate a foot well adapted for striding BPism.(??? --mv),

However, the naledi foot differs from Hs in having
- more curved proximal pedal phalanges,
- features suggestive of a reduced medial longitudinal arch.

Within the context of primitive features found elsewhere in the skeleton, these findings suggest a unique locomotor repertoire for naledi,
this provides further evidence of locomotor diversity within both the hominin clade & the genus Homo.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Nov 30, 2021, 11:09:26 AM11/30/21
As opposed to leaping bipedalism

littor...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 6:19:20 PM11/30/21
Op dinsdag 30 november 2021 om 17:09:26 UTC+1 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> > The foot of Homo naledi
> > WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
> > Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
> > doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
> > see abstract below.

> > Good facts, but anthropocentric interpretation (wishful thinking):
> > Pan-Australopithecus naledi & chimp ancestors (& chimp fetuses still) had more human-like feet (full plantigrady), not for running after antelopes, but:
> > - flat feet for wading bipedally in swamp forests,
> > - curved phalanges for climbing into the branches above the swamp,
> > google
> > - "Pan or Homo naledi PPT verhaegen" &
> > - our TREE paper "Aquarboreal Ancestors?"

> > The foot of Homo naledi
> > WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
> > Nature Comm. 6:8432 open access doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
> > Hs are characterized by a highly specialized foot, that reflects(?? --mv) our obligate bipedalism.
> > Our understanding of hominin foot evolution is, although, hindered by a paucity of well-associated remains.
> > Here we describe the foot of H.naledi from Dinaledi Chamber (SA), using 107 pedal elements, incl. 1 nearly-complete adult foot.
> > The naledi foot is predom.Hs-like in morphology & inferred function:
> > - adducted hallux,
> > - elongated tarsus,
> > - derived ankle & calcaneo-cuboid joints.
> > In combination, these features indicate a foot well adapted for striding BPism.(??? --mv),

> As opposed to leaping bipedalism.

?? What do you want to say, my boy?
Just have a good look at running vs wading vs swimming vs perching birds:
only a complete imbecile can believe that our flat feet evolved for running after antelopes.
Naledi's curved phalanges suggest a partially-arboreal life,
its flat feet suggest a partially wading & perhaps swimming life.
Google "Aquarboreal Ancestors?".

Primum Sapienti

Dec 1, 2021, 12:23:28 AM12/1/21
littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> The foot of Homo naledi
> WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
> Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
> doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
> see abstract below.
>
> Good facts, but anthropocentric interpretation (wishful thinking):

You mean it doesn't fit your preconceived notions. They go where the data
leads them, not the other way around.

Have you ever been allowed to study real finds?

> The foot of Homo naledi
> WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
> Nature Comm. 6:8432 open access
> doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
>
> Hs are characterized by a highly specialized foot, that reflects(?? --mv) our obligate bipedalism.
> Our understanding of hominin foot evolution is, although, hindered by a paucity of well-associated remains.
>
> Here we describe the foot of H.naledi from Dinaledi Chamber (SA), using 107 pedal elements, incl. 1 nearly-complete adult foot.
> The naledi foot is predom.Hs-like in morphology & inferred function:
> - adducted hallux,
> - elongated tarsus,
> - derived ankle & calcaneo-cuboid joints.
> In combination, these features indicate a foot well adapted for striding BPism.(??? --mv),
>
> However, the naledi foot differs from Hs in having
> - more curved proximal pedal phalanges,
> - features suggestive of a reduced medial longitudinal arch.
>
> Within the context of primitive features found elsewhere in the skeleton, these findings suggest a unique locomotor repertoire for naledi,
> this provides further evidence of locomotor diversity within both the hominin clade & the genus Homo.

And now for the REAL abstract, not the made up stuff from mv (whi is not to be
trusted)

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms9432
Open Access Published: 06 October 2015
The foot of Homo naledi

Abstract
Modern humans are characterized by a highly specialized foot that reflects
our
obligate bipedalism. Our understanding of hominin foot evolution is,
although,
hindered by a paucity of well-associated remains. Here we describe the
foot of
Homo naledi from Dinaledi Chamber, South Africa, using 107 pedal elements,
including one nearly-complete adult foot. The H. naledi foot is predominantly
modern human-like in morphology and inferred function, with an adducted
hallux, an elongated tarsus, and derived ankle and calcaneocuboid joints. In
combination, these features indicate a foot well adapted for striding
bipedalism.
However, the H. naledi foot differs from modern humans in having more curved
proximal pedal phalanges, and features suggestive of a reduced medial
longitudinal arch. Within the context of primitive features found
elsewhere in
the skeleton, these findings suggest a unique locomotor repertoire for H.
naledi,
thus providing further evidence of locomotor diversity within both the
hominin
clade and the genus Homo.

Note the REAL last sentence, not the one mv rewrote.

"We show here that the foot of H. naledi is predominantly modern human-like
in bony morphology and inferred function. When considered against the
primitive
features found elsewhere in the H. naledi postcranial skeleton10, these
results
indicate a locomotor repertoire that would have been distinct from that of
other
basal members of the genus Homo, such as H. erectus and H. habilis. The
foot of
H. naledi thus expands the range of locomotor diversity in both the hominin
lineage and the genus Homo."

littor...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2021, 11:28:00 AM12/3/21
Some incredible imbecile (antelope runner) asked:

> Have you ever been allowed to study real finds?

Yes, of course, e.g. prof.Tobias,
but comparative anatomy provides a lot more information on evolution than "real finds".
Google
"ape human evolution made easy PPT verhaegen".

Pandora

Dec 3, 2021, 11:51:46 AM12/3/21

Pandora

Dec 3, 2021, 12:04:51 PM12/3/21
On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:23:28 -0700, Primum Sapienti
<inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>littor...@gmail.com wrote:
>> The foot of Homo naledi
>> WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
>> Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
>> doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
>> see abstract below.
>>
>> Good facts, but anthropocentric interpretation (wishful thinking):
>
>You mean it doesn't fit your preconceived notions. They go where the data
>leads them, not the other way around.
>
>Have you ever been allowed to study real finds?

He never did, because Verhaegen is a self-proclaimed armchair
anthropologist. His "Study Center for Anthropology" is a institution
in name only, that preys on the original research of others.

Primum Sapienti

Dec 13, 2021, 1:31:33 AM12/13/21
littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> The foot of Homo naledi
> WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
> Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
> doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
> see abstract below.

Here is the link AND THE REAL abstract:

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms9432

Abstract
Modern humans are characterized by a highly specialized foot that reflects
our obligate bipedalism. Our understanding of hominin foot evolution is,
although, hindered by a paucity of well-associated remains. Here we
describe the foot of Homo naledi from Dinaledi Chamber, South Africa, using
107 pedal elements, including one nearly-complete adult foot. The H. naledi
foot is predominantly modern human-like in morphology and inferred
function, with an adducted hallux, an elongated tarsus, and derived ankle
and calcaneocuboid joints. In combination, these features indicate a foot
well
adapted for striding bipedalism. However, the H. naledi foot differs from
modern humans in having more curved proximal pedal phalanges, and features
suggestive of a reduced medial longitudinal arch. Within the context of
primitive features found elsewhere in the skeleton, these findings suggest a
unique locomotor repertoire for H. naledi, thus providing further evidence of
locomotor diversity within both the hominin clade and the genus Homo.

Primum Sapienti

Dec 13, 2021, 1:39:46 AM12/13/21
He drops Tobias' name and that's it ;)

littor...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2021, 6:19:27 AM12/15/21

> > The foot of Homo naledi
> > WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
> > Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
> > doi 10.1038/ncomms9432

> https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms9432

> Modern humans are characterized by a highly specialized foot that reflects
> our obligate bipedalism.

:-DDD Onnozelaars.

Kangaroos & ostriches have feet specialized for jumping & running.

Only incredible imbeciles who think their ancestors ran after antelopes believe plantigrade feet are for running.

Australopithecus naledi had plantigrade feet: of course, they were aquarboreal.
Googe our Trends article "Aquarboreal Ancestors?".

Primum Sapienti

Dec 22, 2021, 3:04:49 PM12/22/21
littor...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> The foot of Homo naledi
>>> WEH Harcourt-Smith cs 2015
>>> Nature Comm.6:8432 open access
>>> doi 10.1038/ncomms9432
>
>> https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms9432
>
>> Modern humans are characterized by a highly specialized foot that reflects
>> our obligate bipedalism.
>
> :-DDD Onnozelaars.
>
> Kangaroos & ostriches have feet specialized for jumping & running.
>
> Only incredible imbeciles who think their ancestors ran after antelopes believe plantigrade feet are for running.

Any races in yhour area? 5ks? 10ks? Marathons? How do you think we got
that way?

> Australopithecus naledi had plantigrade feet: of course, they were aquarboreal.

No signs of water.

littor...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2021, 6:24:31 PM12/22/21

> > Australopithecus naledi had plantigrade feet: of course, they were aquarboreal.

Somebody:

> No signs of water.

:-DDD
Only incredible imbeciles who believe their ancestors ran after antelopes also believe in mud wihout water:
mudstone.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Dec 22, 2021, 7:56:06 PM12/22/21
Snorkel saiga antelope must have dove and backfloated and snorkel Homo must have dove and backfloated.