"hominin"

littor...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2021, 2:36:02 PM9/15/21
All so-called"scientific" PA papers with the word "hominin" should be rejected, or "hominin" should be replaced by "hominind" (sensu Homo, Pan, Gorilla + fossil relatives):
the word "hominin" presupposes everything that is "bipedal", but most likely all hominids (possibly all hominoids - hylobatids are still predom."upright") had "bipedal" (upright, vertical) ancestors, not for running over savannas (how ridiculous can you be?), but simply for wading upright & climbing arms overhead.

Apes differ drastically from monkeys:
- body weight often x 10 or more
- spine centrally in the body, not dorsally
- very broad build: sternum, thorax, pelvis
- limbs aside of the body, not ventrally
- tail loss (incorporated into pelvic bottom)

Monkeys are typical arboreal mammals.
Apes became different: 30-20 Ma:
google "aquarboreal".

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Sep 15, 2021, 10:58:04 PM9/15/21
Gibbons and humans have chins.

Pandora

Sep 16, 2021, 8:53:48 AM9/16/21

littor...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 9:20:18 AM9/16/21
Op donderdag 16 september 2021 om 04:58:04 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
Yes, my litle boy, gibbons are "hominin".

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Sep 16, 2021, 9:47:13 AM9/16/21
I should have said: Most modern humans, many elephantids (eg. mastodons), and some hylobatids have chins.

Do your photos include data: age, sex, locale?

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Sep 16, 2021, 9:49:32 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 8:53:48 AM UTC-4, Pandora wrote:
Male orangutans at adult can develop face flanges or not, does that effect face bone form?

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Sep 16, 2021, 9:50:41 AM9/16/21
Wading gibbons??

littor...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 11:56:27 AM9/16/21
Op donderdag 16 september 2021 om 15:50:41 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> > > Gibbons and humans have chins.

> > Yes, my litle boy, gibbons are "hominin".

> Wading gibbons??

???
"Hominins" don't wade, =y little little boy.