Exercise/physical activity improve bone density

Primum Sapienti

Apr 23, 2022, 1:30:59 AM4/23/22

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/staying-healthy/exercise-and-bone-health/

"Exercise works on bones much like it works on muscles — it makes them
stronger. Exercise is important for building strong bones when we are
younger, and it is essential for maintaining bone strength when we are older.
Because bone is living tissue, it changes over time in response to the forces
placed upon it. When you exercise regularly, your bone adapts by building
more bone and becoming denser."

"Higher impact activities, such as jogging and jumping rope, increase the
weight on bones and provide more bone-strengthening benefits."

littor...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2022, 3:56:25 AM4/23/22

> https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/staying-healthy/exercise-and-bone-health/
> "Exercise works on bones much like it works on muscles — it makes them
> stronger.

Interesting study, but irrelevant as to why H.erectus & partially neandertals still were pachy-osteo-sclerotic. POS or pachyosteosclerosis (extremely thick & heavy skeletons, possibly more brittle due to an excess of calcium) in tetrapods is exclusively seen in slow & shallow divers, incl. all aquatic mammals initially: early Cetacea & pinnipeds had POS, and Sirenia still have POS. Google "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo PPT" (+ refs).

Only incredible idiots believe normal strong bones in Hs are comparable to Hn or He POS.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Apr 23, 2022, 1:35:09 PM4/23/22
Yup. Central West Africans have the highest bone density of AMHs.

I Envy JTEM

Apr 23, 2022, 2:15:22 PM4/23/22
Primum Sapienti wrote:

> https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/staying-healthy/exercise-and-bone-health/
>
> "Exercise works on bones much like it works on muscles

This has always been known, and introduced here numerous times.

It's one of the huge issues with "Gracile" THIS and "Robust" THAT: Without
complete skeletons & a representative sampling of a population we can't
really tell these things. Could be the exact same species just a different
environment, diet & lifestyle.

Again, introduced here many times. *I* have brought it up myself. But, I am
CURSED with reading comprehension & retention...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/682192196226760704

littor...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2022, 4:41:58 PM4/23/22

> > "Higher impact activities, such as jogging and jumping rope, increase the
> > weight on bones and provide more bone-strengthening benefits."

> Yup. Central West Africans have the highest bone density of AMHs.

Yup. Nobody doubts that, my little boy:
only incredible idiots deny this is irrelevant to the pachyosteosclerosis seen in all aquatics *initially*:
H.erectus, Cetacea, pinnipeds, (still) Sirenia & many other tetrapods adaptating to diving in salt water.

Primum Sapienti

Apr 24, 2022, 12:23:16 AM4/24/22
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/82/2/429/2823249
Racial Differences in Bone Density between Young Adult Black and White
Subjects Persist after Adjustment for Anthropometric, Lifestyle, and
Biochemical Differences

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12107201/
Ethnic variation in bone density in premenopausal and early perimenopausal
women: effects of anthropometric and lifestyle factors

Ethnic Differences in Bone Health

littor...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2022, 11:11:01 AM4/24/22
Some imbeciles apparently don't get the difference between
- strong bones as in H.sapiens (Blacks>Whites) & +-all mammals,
- pachyosteosclerosis in H.erectus = systematically & exclusively seen in slow+shallow-diving tetrapods.
Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors ran after antelopes.

Primum Sapienti

May 11, 2022, 12:25:45 AM5/11/22
Diving not needed.

Primum Sapienti

May 11, 2022, 12:31:36 AM5/11/22
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/staying-healthy/exercise-and-bone-health/
>>
>> "Exercise works on bones much like it works on muscles
>
> This has always been known, and introduced here numerous times.

Diving not needed.

I Envy JTEM

May 11, 2022, 10:12:10 AM5/11/22
Primum Sapienti wrote:

> Diving not needed.

Speech isn't needed. No other species has a language. Mathematics isn't
needed. Goats, bears & chimps don't carry calculators or scribble
equations in the dirt. We don't need these things. And the fact that we
don't need them, we never "Needed" to evolve them is entirely irrelevant
because, goddamnit, we did develop them. We didn't need to but we
did.

So once again you reached up your butt and pulled out another one
of your "Gems" to share...

Ain't gonna thank you, missy.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/683605167873146880

I Envy JTEM

May 11, 2022, 10:13:42 AM5/11/22
Primum Sapienti wrote:

> Diving not needed.

Meaning, what? Mushrooms don't dive so we don't need to?

What do you think you're saying here? Not that I believe you
capable of fully articulating an idea but, well, I have to
admit it would be fun to watch you try.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/683605167873146880

Primum Sapienti

May 23, 2022, 2:13:26 AM5/23/22
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> Diving not needed.
>
> Speech isn't needed. No other species has a language. Mathematics isn't

non sequitur

Primum Sapienti

May 23, 2022, 2:13:55 AM5/23/22
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> Diving not needed.
>
> Meaning, what? Mushrooms don't dive so we don't need to?

Ask mv and the aa crwod

I Envy JTEM

May 23, 2022, 9:33:53 PM5/23/22
Primum Sapienti wrote:

> non sequitur

That is EXACTLY what I was pointing out about your <ahem> "argument."

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/684832909622951936

I Envy JTEM

May 23, 2022, 9:35:09 PM5/23/22
Primum Sapienti wrote:

> I Envy JTEM wrote:
> > Meaning, what? Mushrooms don't dive so we don't need to?

> Ask mv and the aa crwod

You don't know what your so called "argument" is? You can't explain what
you think you mean?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/684832909622951936

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

May 28, 2022, 6:04:01 AM5/28/22
On Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 1:30:59 AM UTC-4, Primum Sapienti wrote:
-

Boxers and karate students hit bags over years with the result of thicker cortical bone; there hands don’t get bigger, though. The same is true of the bones in you legs; they don’t get longer if you walk a lot.

The result in the jaw is similar, but not as significant. You are probably referring to the masseter muscle, the knot on each side of your jaw when you clench. Notice it is like a rock; it’s this way in everyone, since it is the most toned muscle in the body due to constant use. Making it bigger would be difficult.

Body builders may be able to, but this has to do with clenching while lifting weights for a minimum of 4 hours daily; many have to wear a mouth guard to protect their teeth, which by the way can increase their lifting ability by about 12%. Gum chewing is not in this class.

(Interesting correlation, gum chewing = ultra-thin meat slices chewing before the era of domestic cooking = smaller but stronger jaws = smaller but thicker teeth ?=? chin development in some hylobatids, Hs, some elephantids..)

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

May 28, 2022, 6:12:50 AM5/28/22
Hs thick femur = muscular stress on femurs, upright terrestrial bipedal carrying (infants, tools, shelters)
He thick femur = mermaids sleeping like manatees!!!
:D

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

May 28, 2022, 6:15:25 AM5/28/22
Creationism & coastalism & cod liver oil. Everything else is rwong rworng rwong!

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

May 28, 2022, 6:47:34 AM5/28/22
Toggle navigationGroups.io
Messages adaptations for BP walking
adaptations for BP walking
Marc VerhaegenMay 27
Adaptations for bipedal walking:
Musculoskeletal structure and three-dimensional joint mechanics of humans and bipedal chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes)
Matthew C O'Neill, Brigitte Demes, Nathan E Thompson & Brian R Umberger 2022
J.hum.Evol.168:103195 doi 10.1016/j.jhevol.2022.103195

Hs are unique among apes & other primates in the musculo-skeletal design of their lower back, pelvis & lower limbs.
Here, we describe the 3D ground reaction forces & lower/hindlimb joint mechanics of human & BP chimps walking over a full stride:
1) is the estimated limb joint work & power during the stance phase (esp. the single-support period) lower in Hs than BP chimps?
2) is the limb joint work & power required for limb swing lower in Hs than in BP chimps?
3) is the estimated total mechanical power during walking, accounting for the storage of passive elastic strain energy in Hs, lower in Hs than in BP chimp?
Hs & BP chimps were compared at matched dimensionless & dimensional velocities.

Our results:
Hs walk with significantly less work & power output in the 1st double-support period & the single-support period of stance,
but Hs markedly exceed chimps in the 2nd double-support period (push-off).
Hs generate less work & power in limb swing, although the species difference in limb swing power was not statistically significant.
We estimated:
total mechanical positive ‘muscle fiber’ work & power were 46.9 & 35.8 % lower resp. in Hs than in BP chimps at matched dimensionless speeds,
this is due in part to mechanisms for the storage & release of elastic energy at the ankle & hip in Hs.
These results
- indicate distinct ‘heel strike’ & ‘lateral balance’ mechanics in Hs & BP chimps,
- suggest a greater dissipation of mechanical energy through soft tissue deformations in Hs.
Together, our results document important differences between Hs & BP chimp walking mechanics over a full stride,
this permits a more comprehensive understanding of the mechanics & energetics of chimp BPism & the evolution of hominin walking.

MV: Ah?

Yes, our little mermaid sees the truth now. Walking under load produced muscular stress on the femur and occipital ligaments resulting in thicker denser associated bones, unlike arboreal chimps. Not so hard to fathom.

littor...@gmail.com

May 28, 2022, 7:35:29 AM5/28/22

> Diving not needed.

Only incredible imbeciles beleve H.erectus evolved pachyosteosclerotic occipita but paranasal sinuses to prevent blows on the head.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

May 28, 2022, 8:37:23 PM5/28/22
On Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 7:35:29 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Diving not needed.
>
> Only incredible imbeciles beleve H.erectus evolved pachyosteosclerotic occipita but paranasal sinuses to prevent blows on the head.

Dense occiput (early Homo) & front sinuses (later Homo) better balanced humans walking upright while carrying a variety of items. This does not exclude advantageous selection via foraging in water or land.

Primum Sapienti

May 31, 2022, 12:47:56 AM5/31/22
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> non sequitur
>
> That is EXACTLY what I was pointing out about your <ahem> "argument."

Primum Sapienti

May 31, 2022, 12:49:14 AM5/31/22
DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
:DDD

Primum Sapienti

May 31, 2022, 12:50:05 AM5/31/22
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> I Envy JTEM wrote:
>>> Meaning, what? Mushrooms don't dive so we don't need to?
>
>> Ask mv and the aa crwod
>
> You don't know what your so called "argument" is? You can't explain what
> you think you mean?

mv is the one going on about bone density. Are you claiming mushrooms have
bones?

I Envy JTEM

Jun 1, 2022, 1:51:22 PM6/1/22
Primum Sapienti wrote:

[...]

So clearly you have no idea what "Non Sequitur" means.

Here. Read this before continuing to make the same error:

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/non-sequitur-examples.html

Okay, so you said something stupid. I pointed out why your so
called "argument" was stupid by applying it to other life forms.
But, instead of seeing the idiocy in your <ahem> "argument" you
chose to misunderstand & misapply the term non sequitur.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/685829083109720064

littor...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2022, 3:07:08 PM6/1/22
Op woensdag 1 juni 2022 om 19:51:22 UTC+2 schreef I Envy JTEM:
> So clearly you have no idea what "Non Sequitur" means.
> Here. Read this before continuing to make the same error:
> https://examples.yourdictionary.com/non-sequitur-examples.html
> Okay, so you said something stupid. I pointed out why your so
> called "argument" was stupid by applying it to other life forms.
> But, instead of seeing the idiocy in your <ahem> "argument" you
> chose to misunderstand & misapply the term non sequitur.

Yes, some people are really too stupid (or too stubborn?) to understand the word "pachyosteosclerosis" (POS).
As the words say: it means thick + dense cortical bone.
It's uniquely seen in slow shallow diving tetrapods, esp. in salt water.
Early Pinnipedia & Cetaceas had POS, but later most of them evolved in parallel osteoporotic bones.
Osteosclerosis alone (e.g. the human disease osteopetrosis) is not POS (osteopetrosis is brittle).
POS in Hominoidea is only seen since the Pleistocene: H.erectus>neand.>sapiens.

And many PAs are still too stupid (or stubborn?) to see what really happened:
early-Pleistocene Homo:
-POS ((connection with ice ages? Tp? lower sea-levels? other prey populations? ...?),
-dispersal along the Ind.Ocean (& later Med.Sea), incl. overseas islands (Flores etc.)
-larger brain cf. dolphins & seals: seafood is rich in brain-specific nutrients, e.g. DHA,
-stone tools cf. sea-otters: probably they often dived for shellfish.

Only incredible imbeciles believe their ancestors ran after kudus.

Google e.g. "Homo coastal disperpersal Verhaegen".

Primum Sapienti

Jun 7, 2022, 11:30:47 PM6/7/22

Primum Sapienti

Jun 7, 2022, 11:31:12 PM6/7/22
I Envy JTEM wrote:
> Primum Sapienti wrote:
>
>> I Envy JTEM wrote:
>>> Meaning, what? Mushrooms don't dive so we don't need to?
>
>> Ask mv and the aa crwod
>
> You don't know what your so called "argument" is? You can't explain what
> you think you mean?

It's the aa argument.

littor...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 12:22:43 PM6/14/22
somebody:

> It's the aa argument.

This is the "coastal dispersal" argument:

Some people are really too stupid/stubborn to understand the word "pachyosteosclerosis" (POS).
As the words says: it means thick + dense cortical bone.
It's *uniquely* seen in slow shallow diving tetrapods, esp. in salt water.
Early Pinnipedia & Cetaceas had POS, but later most of them evolved in parallel osteoporotic bones.
Osteosclerosis alone (e.g. the human disease osteopetrosis) is not POS (osteopetrosis is brittle).
POS in Hominoidea is only seen since the Pleistocene:
H.erectus>neand.>sapiens.

And many PAs are still too stupid/stubborn to see what really happened:
early-Pleistocene Homo:
-POS (connection with ice ages? Tp? lower sea-levels? other prey populations? ...?),
-dispersal along the Ind.Ocean (& later Med.Sea), incl. overseas islands, e.g. Flores,
-larger brain cf. dolphins & seals: seafood is rich in brain-specific nutrients, e.g. DHA,
-stone tools cf. sea-otters: probably they often dived for shellfish.

Only incredible imbeciles believe their ancestors ran after kudus. :-DDD

Google e.g. "Homo coastal dispersal Verhaegen".

littor...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 4:31:39 PM6/14/22

> This is the "coastal dispersal" argument:
> Some people are really too stupid/stubborn to understand the word "pachy-osteo-sclerosis" (POS).
> As the word says: it simply means thick + dense cortical bone.
> It's *uniquely* seen in slow shallow diving tetrapods, esp. in salt water.
> Early Pinnipedia & Cetacea had POS, but later most of them evolved in parallel osteoporotic bones (faster).
> Osteosclerosis alone (e.g. the human disease osteopetrosis) is not POS (osteopetrosis is brittle).
> POS in Hominoidea is only seen since the Pleistocene AFAWK, and only in Homo.

POS erectus>neand.>sapiens.
This means: erectus dived more frequently and/or in salter water than neandertals.
Neandertals C & N isotopes are intermediate between freshwater & marine foods, but nearer to freshwater:
this suggests: neandertals had evolved from coastal to riverside, but probably seasonally followed the river to the coast (salmon??).
That sapiens & neand. belong to the same species (fertile offspring) shows that our parttime diving phase is not long ago.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Jun 15, 2022, 5:15:54 AM6/15/22
On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 4:31:39 PM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> > This is the "coastal dispersal" argument:
> > Some people are really too stupid/stubborn to understand the word "pachy-osteo-sclerosis" (POS).
> > As the word says: it simply means thick + dense cortical bone.
> > It's *uniquely* seen in slow shallow diving tetrapods, esp. in salt water.
> > Early Pinnipedia & Cetacea had POS, but later most of them evolved in parallel osteoporotic bones (faster).
> > Osteosclerosis alone (e.g. the human disease osteopetrosis) is not POS (osteopetrosis is brittle).

POS is brittle. MV
Osteosclerosis is brittle. MV
Osteopetrosis is brittle. MV

MV has no idea the meaning of brittle.

littor...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 4:09:34 PM6/15/22
Op woensdag 15 juni 2022 om 11:15:54 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> > > This is the "coastal dispersal" argument:
> > > Some people are really too stupid/stubborn to understand the word "pachy-osteo-sclerosis" (POS).
> > > As the word says: it simply means thick + dense cortical bone.
> > > It's *uniquely* seen in slow shallow diving tetrapods, esp. in salt water.
> > > Early Pinnipedia & Cetacea had POS, but later most of them evolved in parallel osteoporotic bones (faster).
> > > Osteosclerosis alone (e.g. the human disease osteopetrosis) is not POS (osteopetrosis is brittle).

> POS is brittle. MV

Not unlikely, but you're unable to quote where I might have said that.

> Osteosclerosis is brittle. MV
> Osteopetrosis is brittle. MV

Osteopetrosis is a specific case of osteoscleroris: can't you even read??

> MV has no idea the meaning of brittle.

You have no idea of anything in PA.

My little little boy (you're becoming more+more infantile),
erectus had very thick occipita:
do you really believe they hit each other on the occiput?? :-D
Grow up.

I Envy JTEM

Jun 15, 2022, 5:51:21 PM6/15/22

Compounding your error does not reduce it and it certainly doesn't make
it go away. You're proving yourself to be even more foolish.

-- --

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/uapro/687163160466227200

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Jun 15, 2022, 6:20:56 PM6/15/22
You forgot to address your favorite tochter, panjermia.

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

Jun 15, 2022, 6:32:03 PM6/15/22
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 4:09:34 PM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> > POS is brittle. MV
> Not unlikely, but you're unable to quote where I might have said that.
:0 You've said it too many times! Your amnesia/Alzheimer's is beyond rational bounds these days!

> > Osteosclerosis is brittle. MV
> > Osteopetrosis is brittle. MV
> Osteopetrosis is a specific case of osteoscleroris: can't you even read??

All is brittle?
West Central Africans have the densest bones of all Homo today. NOT brittle!!

> > MV has no idea the meaning of brittle.
> You have no idea of anything in PA.

I study human evolution, not PA.

> My little little boy (you're becoming more+more infantile),
> erectus had very thick occipita:

Habitual orthograde terrestrial striding bipedalism selected for dense femurs and dense occiput, predecessor to modern Hs walking/running/carrying gait. No silly detours needed.

> do you really believe they hit each other on the occiput?? :-D
> Grow up.
>
> > > POS erectus>neand.>sapiens.
> > > This means: erectus dived more frequently and/or in salter water than neandertals.
> > > Neandertals C & N isotopes are intermediate between freshwater & marine foods, but nearer to freshwater:
> > > this suggests: neandertals had evolved from coastal to riverside, but probably seasonally followed the river to the coast (salmon??).
> > > That sapiens & neand. belong to the same species (fertile offspring) shows that our parttime diving phase is not long ago.

Cf Dubois => Kudus Homo erectus in inland Java!!