Re: Farmers Are Stoopid

Ok is Okay

Feb 16, 2020, 10:35:03 PM2/16/20
On 16 Feb 2020, Tom Enright <rando...@gmail.com> posted some
news:88d059a3-2514-4d52...@googlegroups.com:

> https://twitter.com/PeterMentes/status/1228518467776761856
>
> Bloomberg on why farmers can’t work in information technology
>
> MB: “I can teach anyone how to be a farmer 1 dig a hole 2 put a seed
> in 3 put dirt on top 4 add water 5 up comes the corn”
>
> The skill 4information technology is completely different you need
> more grey matter

SMH. I grew up on a farm, left in the 70's, entered the world of
technology with IBM, then DEC, HP, Cisco, others, and I'm still working
10+ hours in it every day. There are days when I think farm life as hard
as it was might be preferable.

You'd think someone with Bloomberg's history in technology development
would have a better perspective on farmers and technology. Just proves
any fool can make money off other fools and remain oblivous to their
surroundings.

Farmers today (Not all) use tractors and self-propelled implements with
with onboard computers / GPS systems. It is possible to plow a 40 acre
field and never once have a human onboard the equipment.

However, this is not all good for farmers. The systems are locked down by
OEMs preventing farmers from diagnosing problems or resolving minor issues
on their own. They have to contact the OEM for resolution, often at great
expense.

This has spawned lawsuits while turning farmers into hackers and used
classic tractor buyers.

<https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kzp7ny/tractor-hacking-right-to-
repair>

<https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/26/why-american-
farmers-hacking-own-tractors>

<https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30444879/midwest-farmers-buying-older-
tractors/>

<https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bvgx9w/farmers-are-buying-40-year-old-
tractors-because-theyre-actually-repairable>

America can't afford a clueless totalitarian like Bloomberg.

posted

Feb 17, 2020, 5:45:02 PM2/17/20
In article <r2e0ds$oo$1...@dont-email.me>
xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ken Olson <kol...@freedomnet.org> wrote:
> > On 2/16/2020 11:01 PM, unclejr wrote:
> >> Bloomberg and Trump are essentially the same person, Oleg.
> >>

> > Hardly.
> >

> In a lot of ways they are. They are both egotistical billionaires who think
> the rules that normies follow don’t apply to them. They both hop political
> parties with their only core ideology being their advancement. They both
> have messianic complexes, thinking they are what America needs.
>
> Well OK Bloomberg doesn’t have a long history of marital infidelity and
> stiffing contractors, I’ll give you that.

Bloomberg has a well established history of treating the less
fortunate (Less wealthy) like shit.