Supersonic diffuser

Olin Perry Norton

Jan 30, 2007, 9:16:40 PM1/30/07

> I want to design a supersonic diffuser for a supersonic wind tunnel. i
> would like to know some bibliography about diffusser efficiency,
> entrance angle, second throat length . Can anyone help me?. Thanks

There is some discussion about supersonic wind tunnels
in Liepmann and Roshko.

Also look at "High-speed wind tunnel testing"
by Pope and Goin.

Olin Perry Norton

Olin Perry Norton

Jan 30, 2007, 9:18:00 PM1/30/07

> I want to design a supersonic diffuser for a supersonic wind tunnel. i
> would like to know some bibliography about diffusser efficiency,
> entrance angle, second throat length . Can anyone help me?. Thanks

Also look at Shapiro's book on compressible flow.
He has a discussion of diffusers, and gives some
references that look interesting:

Kantrowitz, A. and Donaldson, Coleman duP., Preliminary investigation
of supersonic diffusers, NACA ARR No. L5D20 (1945).

Neumann, E. P. and Lustwerk, F., High-efficiency supersonic
diffusers, Jour. Aero. Sci., Vol. 51, No. 6 (1951), pg. 369.

If I were you, I would try Google (or Google Scholar),
in addition to looking for keywords like "supersonic
diffuser" I would try searching for these authors to find
any works that reference them.

Also, NASA and NACA reports are available on-line,
so I would search those as well.

Olin Perry Norton