Saving this group

Daniel S. Monserrat

Mar 22, 2005, 7:57:05 AM3/22/05
Today I discovered this group and I believe that it will be an
important tool for the research community involved in this subject.
If you search the web, you will find a lot of pages not dedicated to
"simulation as a game".

My first idea was to include this group in a link in our page because
as I found it now, I believe that others will be interested in joining
it.

I do believe this is an interesting subject without many places for
discussion, and if the problem is a moderator or administrator, well I
supposse the solution is to change the moderator and start to recover
the people attention.

For example, I am finishing my MS Thesis in this field, and here is a
great place to discuss these subjects, I hope it is not too late...

Regards,

Daniel S. Monserrat
Aeronautics Engineer
Flight Dynamics Simulation Group
UTN FRH - Argentina

tomst...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2005, 6:15:19 PM10/27/05
he rode to the next town for a carouse, and had a high one.
Got home late and tired; locked his door, took out the key, and
went to bed.

After all, let a man take what pains he may to hush it down,
a human soul is an awful ghostly, unquiet possession, for a
bad man to have. Who knows the metes and bounds of it? Who knows
all its awful perhapses,--those shudderings and tremblings, which
it can no more live down than it can outlive its own eternity!
What a fool is he who locks his door to keep out spirits, who has
in his own bosom a spirit he dares not meet alone,--whose voice,
smothered far down, and piled over with mountains of earthliness,
is yet like the forewarning trumpet of doom!

But Legree locked his door and set a chair against it; he set
a night-lamp at the head of his bed; and put his pistols there.
He examined the catches and fastenings of the windows, and then
swore he "didn't care for the devil and all his angels," and went
to sleep.

Well, he slept, for he was tired,--slept soundly. But, finally,
there came over his sleep a shadow, a horror, an apprehension
of something dreadful hanging over him. It was his mother's shroud,
he thought; but Cassy had it, holding it up, and showing it to him.
He heard a confused noise of screams and groanings; and, with it
all, he knew he was asleep, and he struggled to wake himself.
He was half awake. He was sure something was coming into his room.
He knew the door was opening, but he could not stir hand or foot.
At last he turned, with a start; the door _was_ open, and he saw
a hand putting out his light.

It was a cloudy, misty moonlight, and there he saw it!--something
white, gliding in! He heard the still rustle of its ghostly garments.
It stood still by his bed;--a cold hand touched his; a voice said,
three times, in a low, fearf

tomst...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2005, 8:12:30 PM10/27/05
entered the room where St. Clare lay reading his paper.

"Pray, what iniquity has turned up now?" said he.

"What now? why, those folks have whipped Prue to death!"
said Miss Ophelia, going on, with great strength of detail, into
the story, and enlarging on its most shocking particulars.

"I thought it would come to that, some time," said St.
Clare, going on with his paper.

"Thought so!--an't you going to _do_ anything about it?"
said Miss Ophelia. "Haven't you got any _selectmen_, or anybody,
to interfere and look after such matters?"

"It's commonly supposed that the _property_ interest is a
sufficient guard in these cases. If people choose to ruin their
own possessions, I don't know what's to be done. It seems the poor
creature was a thief and a drunkard; and so there won't be much
hope to get up sympathy for her."

"It is perfectly outrageous,--it is horrid, Augustine!
It will certainly bring down vengeance upon you."

"My dear cousin, I didn't do it, and I can't help it; I would,
if I could. If low-minded, brutal people will act like
themselves, what am I to do? they have absolute control; they are
irresponsible despots. There would be no use in interfering; there
is no law that amounts to anything practically, for such a case.
The best we can do is to shut our eyes and ears, and let it alone.
It's the only resource left us."

"How can you shut your eyes and ears? How can you let
such things alone?"

"My dear child, what do you expect? Here is a whole