Son of Concorde

rbeh...@alumni.weber.edu

Jun 16, 2005, 3:16:21 PM6/16/05
It seems that the French and the Japanese have reached an agreement to
do a new version of the Concorde. Details can be found in articles at:

or

http://business.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=660152005

--
Roland Behunin
Master of Aeronautical Science

Jim Kingdon

Jun 17, 2005, 1:04:54 AM6/17/05
> It seems that the French and the Japanese have reached an agreement to
> do a new version of the Concorde.

As far as I can tell, this has been overhyped.

They seem to have actually reached an agreement to spend a million
dollars a year or so (each) on studies, for 3 years. There isn't a
design yet as far as I can tell. This is all slightly fuzzy because I
didn't find anything about it at, say, http://www.eads.com/ which
would be closer to the horse's mouth.

Here's an article which has the word "research" (which I take to mean
as opposed to development):
http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3479641

Here's one which says "With a research budget of less than $2 million
US a year over three years, the effort appeared tentative and
preliminary.":
http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2005/06/15/japan-supersonic050615.html