how can I get the tables properties?

Sebastian Contreras

Dec 16, 2013, 2:38:11 PM12/16/13
to schrodinger-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I'm working with a set of structures in only one mae file and I need to extract a value from the project table. for example in the picture,  I need to extract the volume value and I tried getProperty(volume) but nothing happens (only errors). then I try props = dict(mol.getProperties
())  to get all properties but nothing happen again (error props = dict(mol.getProperties()) AttributeError: 'Structure' object has no attribute 'getProperties'). anyone know what am I doing wrong? or if is possible to get these properties?

best

sebastian

Dave Giesen

Dec 16, 2013, 2:49:19 PM12/16/13
to schrodinger-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian -

Assuming mol is a Structure object, you can do the following:

volume = mol.property[X]

Where X is the string shown when you hover over the column header in the Project Table.  It will probably be something like 'r_m_volume'.

Dave