[Schrodinger Developer Forum] requests for documentation enhancements

Message has been deleted

Mike Beachy

May 21, 2010, 12:47:14 PM5/21/10
to Schrödinger Developer Forum
Hi all -

I'm the Director of Software Development at Schrodinger and one of my
responsibilities is the development of the Python API.

One question I have for you, as developers interested in the
Schrodinger Python API, is what documentation requests you have.

Since the beginning, we have made strong efforts to provide complete
function and class-level documentation, but I recognize that it's hard
to make sense of a pile of classes and functions. Because of that, in
the Suite 2009 release we put together the "Python Module Overview."
The main thing I wonder about at this point is what holes there are in
this overview documentation. If there is something that you tried to
do but had difficulty with, let us know here. We should be able to
answer your questions and take your feedback to improve the
documentation going forward.

Also, if you have requests for additional functionality in the Python
API feel free to send email to h...@schrodinger.com or to mention them
here, and we'll do our best to accommodate you.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Beachy | Schrodinger, Inc. | (212) 548-2350