how can I get the title of substructures

Sebastian Contreras

May 3, 2014, 11:51:29 PM5/3/14
to schrodinger-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi there

I have a question with the properties of substructures, I can get one property with st.property["name"], but can I use some like this to get the name of substructures. for example I want to get the name and docking score of 20 substructures (in one mae file) , for the docking is st.property["r_i_docking_score"], but (I believe) title is not a property, how can I get it?

best

Sebastian

Mike Beachy

May 4, 2014, 10:22:11 AM5/4/14
to Schrödinger Developer Forum
Hi Sebastian -

Substructures have no titles. You can use the extractStructure() method to get a structure out of them, but the title won't be terribly meaningful.

But, from your question I think you might not be working with substructures but with different structures from a single file? In that case you just need to iterate over the structures in the file with a StructureReader and access the titles and docking scores from each.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Mike Beachy | Senior Director, Software Engineering | Schrödinger, Inc. | (212) 548-2385

Sebastian Contreras