Kindergarten teacher busted for cocaine during recess, cops say

Liberalism In The News

Apr 29, 2021, 2:25:03 AM4/29/21
She may be getting a long timeout.

A kindergarten teacher in Virginia has been arrested while her
students were at recess after a substance suspected to be
cocaine was found in her desk, authorities said.

Cybil Billie, 46, of Chesterfield County, was taken into custody
last week at Lakeview Elementary School after an administrator
contacted a school resource officer about possible drugs, news
station WWBT reported.

The officer spoke with Billie and found what appeared to be
cocaine in her classroom desk, news station WRIC reported.

Division Superintendent William D. Sroufe said the students were
at recess when she was taken into the custody and the arrest was
handled “tactfully.”

“The safety of our students is a top priority and we will
continue to follow School Board policies and procedures
throughout this process. Families with any concerns or who may
need additional support during this time may contact Lakeview
Elementary School,” he said in a statement.

“We are continuing to cooperate with the Colonial Heights Police
Department during their investigation.

Billie was booked on felony possession of cocaine, the outlets
reported. She is being held without bond until her next court
date June2.

One of her students’ parents, Kelli Gagnon, said that she had a
conversation with her daughter about how “sometimes adults make
mistakes.”

“Sometimes adult mistakes are a little bigger. We can’t just go
stand in time out… [Bilie] will get the help that she needs,”
Gagnon told WRIC. “She was a great teacher. My daughter enjoyed
having her so much.”

https://nypost.com/2021/04/26/kindergarten-teacher-busted-for-
cocaine-during-recess-cops-say/