Ex-gym teacher sent to prison for sexually assaulting 13-year-old student

Liberalism In The News

Feb 18, 2021, 5:45:01 AM2/18/21
A former Pennsylvania gym teacher was sentenced to five to 10
years in prison Tuesday for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old
male student over seven months.

Rochelle Cressman, 34, was also ordered to serve 10 years of
probation and must register as a sex offender upon her release,
the Meadville Tribune reported.

A tearful Cressman — a former gym teacher at Titusville Middle
School — appeared before a judge in Crawford County Court and
said she was having marital problem at the time.

“I’m sorry for being selfish and not taking into account anyone
else’s feelings,” she told the judge. “In the fall of 2018, I
made decisions that I will regret the rest of my life.”

Cressman was arrested in May 2019 for sexually assaulting the
teen multiple times from September 2018 to April 2019, when she
was 32 and the student was just 13.

The abuse happened at Cressman’s former home in Oil Creek
Township and at a home in Titusville, according to the Meadville
Tribune.

She resigned from her job in May 2019.

Cressman was initially charged with 66 criminal counts, but she
agreed to plead guilty to three counts of statutory sexual
assault in November.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/17/ex-gym-teacher-sent-to-prison-for-
sexually-assaulting-student/