Announcing the 6th Annual SeedMoney Challenge: a proven funding solution for school gardens

Roger Doiron

Aug 12, 2020, 2:15:35 PM8/12/20
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Dear School Gardeners,

It's difficult to engage in long-term planning for your garden program when the short-term outlook for schools is so unpredictable. Nevertheless, for those of you who are thinking ahead, I'm writing to let you know about the 6th Annual SeedMoney Challenge, a unique funding opportunity for public food gardens that combines crowdfunding with challenge grants. Since launching the Challenge in 2015, we've helped 1350 garden projects raise $1.1 million for their annual operations and special projects. For many of our partner gardens, participating in the Challenge is the only fundraising they have to do for the whole year.

This year, we will be offering 315 grants ranging from $100 to $600, our largest number ever. We expect 450-500 garden projects to participate. Our past grantees include school gardens, youth gardens, community gardens, food bank gardens, shelter gardens and demonstration gardens, among others. The deadline for applying is November 12, 2020, but we encourage groups to begin the process early.

For more information, you can:
Please let me know if you have any questions. Any help you can offer in sharing this opportunity within your local community or online network would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Roger

Roger Doiron | Founder & Director, SeedMoney

3 Powderhorn Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074

Phone: (207) 956-0606 Facebook | Twitter | InstagramLinkedIn

aim for a grant.png

image.gif