School Garden Readiness Assessment

Melina Barker

Dec 13, 2018, 1:35:40 PM12/13/18
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Hello SGSO Community,

I know I've seen some good readiness assessments floating around out there, but can't seem to locate them. I've been asked by a colleague for some resources to help determine school readiness for a garden program. If you know of one, please share.

Thanks for all you do out there in the world!
Melina

--
Melina Barker
Program Director

John Fisher

Jan 17, 2019, 1:49:12 AM1/17/19
to School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi Melina,

I have been in similar discussions of people asking how best to assess the "readiness of a school garden", but I don't remember a clear cut answer.

Here is a tool, although not exactly what you are looking for it could be adapted. It is the GREEN Tool for Well Integrated School Gardens developed by folks at the Tisch Center and they also created a Checklist to assess schools.
Here they are

Grow To Learn in NYC builds off of the Green Tool for garden assessments and created a self evaluation survey

I also know that FoodCorps had looked at this question of optimal readiness so you could follow up with them.

Great question, thanks for bringing it up.

John Fisher
Message has been deleted