Climate Change Resolution

Tamara Helfer

Mar 31, 2021, 1:36:09 PM3/31/21
to School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi friends,

Our BOE is currently drafting an update to their 2019 Climate Change Resolution (https://mtdiablopublic.ic-board.com/attachments/348fc8bd-ace1-4659-ac5c-3122eb05abbc.pdf),  and they asked us for suggestions about incorporating wording about Outdoor Learning Spaces. We have some ideas but we would love to hear your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. We’re so grateful our BOE is doing this!

For background, our district just opened for Hybrid Learning in late March, and our admin has been very receptive to helping sites move quickly to get more outdoor spaces available for learning.

Looking for quick responses since they need to move quickly to get this on our Board agenda for an upcoming meeting.

Thanks all,

Tamara Helfer and Laney Cline King
MDUSD Garden Education Program

  Tamara Helfer