Winter Programming During Covid-19 Webinar 12/16/20

School Garden Support Organization Network

Dec 10, 2020, 10:38:32 AM12/10/20
to School Garden Support Organization Network

Winter Programming During Covid-19 Webinar

Wednesday 12/16/20 11am PST / 2pm EST:  Details & Registration

Since last spring we’ve seen innumerable examples of how educators have adapted their teaching practices in light of the unique challenges posed by Covid-19. As temperatures get colder and many school gardens are put to bed for the winter months additional adjustments will likely be needed to continue providing garden- and food-based learning opportunities to students. In this Virtual Gathering we will share creative ideas for tackling winter programming during Covid-19 whether you’re engaged in remote, hybrid, or in-person learning.

The presentation will be facilitated by Christine Gall, Program Director, KidsGardening. Christine has been immersed in the world of agriculture and food-based learning for over a decade, from farming in Vermont to cooking with elementary-aged youth in Maine. She currently works for KidsGardening, a nonprofit dedicated to supporting youth garden programs across the country.