looking for examples of awesome virtual farm field trips!

Alex Narrajos

Aug 20, 2020, 9:55:38 PM8/20/20
to School Garden Support Organization Network
Aloha from Honolulu! Iʻm looking for some super great examples of virtual farm field trips! The organization I work for is banking virtual field trips and I would love to add more to our collection. I can share a few that we have found here in Hawaiʻi as well if folks are interested.

Mahalo!
Alex

Linda S. Law-Saunders

Aug 21, 2020, 12:22:45 AM8/21/20
to Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network

I am also looking for virtual field trip videos and any other videos that relate to Ag & Food Systems.

-l-

Linda S. Law-Saunders
Family & Consumer Sciences and Ag & Food Systems Educator

Cornell Cooperative Extension | Washington County

415 Lower Main St. Hudson Falls, NY 12839| washington.cce.cornell.edu | Facebook | ls...@cornell.edu | 518-746-2560

---

Heidi Auel

Aug 21, 2020, 8:57:48 AM8/21/20
to Linda S. Law-Saunders, Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi!
Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom has some good ones on their website:

Heidi

On Thursday, August 20, 2020, Linda S. Law-Saunders <ls...@cornell.edu> wrote:

I am also looking for virtual field trip videos and any other videos that relate to Ag & Food Systems.

-l-

Linda S. Law-Saunders
Family & Consumer Sciences and Ag & Food Systems Educator

Cornell Cooperative Extension | Washington County

415 Lower Main St. Hudson Falls, NY 12839| washington.cce.cornell.edu | Facebook | ls...@cornell.edu | 518-746-2560

Aloha from Honolulu! Iʻm looking for some super great examples of virtual farm field trips! The organization I work for is banking virtual field trips and I would love to add more to our collection. I can share a few that we have found here in Hawaiʻi as well if folks are interested.

Mahalo!

Alex

---

---

Heidi Auel
Discovery Woods School
Brainerd, MN

Havilah Mills

Aug 21, 2020, 3:35:15 PM8/21/20
to Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
Maui Huliau Foundation (https://mauihuliaufoundation.org/), just released a schedule of online virtual field trips they will be putting up on their Google Classroom site!

---

Havilah Mills
Volunteer Coordinator
Grow Some Good
@growsomegood
Facebook.com/growsomegood

Becky Herrick

Aug 24, 2020, 5:45:44 PM8/24/20
to Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi,

Please feel free to check out the Stevens Point Area YMCA Farm to School page on fb.  There are at least 2 virtual field trips on the page.

Denise Rowcroft

Aug 26, 2020, 8:25:26 PM8/26/20
to Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
Hello Everyone!

We were supposed to do our first farm field trips with a local farm this past spring. When schools closed due to COVID, we created a virtual farm field trip and made 3 short videos. They are pretty regionally specific, but you might find them useful anyway.

Tour the Central Oregon Seed Exchange:

I hope you find them useful!
Cheers from Oregon,
denise

---

Denise Rowcroft
she/her/hers (learn more)

Program Manager
GARDEN FOR EVERY SCHOOL
a project of the environmental center

den...@envirocenter.org  l  541.385.6908 x 14
16 NW Kansas Ave. Bend, OR 97703
l  envirocenter.org

Please note, I am working irregular hours part-time from home M-F during this time, and can be reached via cell phone at 541-312-8700.

Mary Thompson

Sep 30, 2020, 2:45:44 PM9/30/20
to Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
Hello,
Apple Seeds has created virtual farm field trips specific to the 3rd grade and to the 4th grade -The virtual field trips reinforce essential grade-level standards while introducing students to food that is grown on a farm and basic nutrition education. Apple Seeds introduces concepts in an engaging way that makes you feel like you got to visit the Apple Seeds Teaching Farm. The videos are 15-20 minutes in length.

I would love to share these links and we would also love to have feedback as we continue to build resources! Please email virtual...@appleseedsnwa.org if you do use this video with your students and let us know how so we can continue to build more resources.

Hope everyone is exploring new ways to engage kids in the garden this year!
Mary Thompson
Apple Seeds, Executive Director

---

Mary Thompson - Executive Director
Apple Seeds
2648 N. Old Wire Rd., Fayetteville, AR 72703

Apple Seeds

Shital Parikh

Sep 30, 2020, 2:53:46 PM9/30/20
to Mary Thompson, Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
This is very helpful.  thx
Shital Parikh
Master Gardener, School Garden Consultant
"To plant a garden, is to believe in tomorrow" Audrey Hepburn

Shital Parikh

Sep 30, 2020, 2:57:09 PM9/30/20
to Mary Thompson, Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
The 4th grade video says its 3rd grade.  Is it the same video for both grades?

Shital Parikh
Master Gardener, School Garden Consultant
"To plant a garden, is to believe in tomorrow" Audrey Hepburn

Mary Thompson

Sep 30, 2020, 3:01:22 PM9/30/20
to Shital Parikh, Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
I may have switched them around in the hyperlinks. There is one for each grade.

grade 3

Shital Parikh

Sep 30, 2020, 6:17:50 PM9/30/20
to Mary Thompson, Alex Narrajos, School Garden Support Organization Network
Thx so much. This link has the 4th grade video. I’m working on a 4th grade virtual lesson plan and will use it most likely. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone