Slow Gardens June Webinar: Garden to Cafeteria - June 23, 2016 at 3 PM ET

Lauren Howe

Jun 10, 2016, 4:23:10 PM6/10/16
to National School Garden Network
No Images? Click here

June 2016 Webinar

Garden to Cafeteria: Successes, Challenges and Models from Across the U.S.

Have you ever wondered what it takes to get your school garden produce into the lunchroom? This month, we will be discussing the concept of Garden to Cafeteria (GTC), which serves as an incredible educational opportunity for students and can greatly contribute to changing a school food culture. However, successfully implementing a GTC program will require some planning around food safety protocols, proper training, and partnership development. Slow Food USA will describe our successes working with the county health department and food service to develop a robust GTC program in Denver, CO, and we will hear about other exciting models from across the U.S.

Come hear guest presenters:

  • Kyla Van Deusen, Program Manager for Captain Planet Foundation's Project Learning Garden
  • Bang Tran, FoodCorps Service Member for Captain Planet Foundation in Atlanta, GA
  • Drew Thomas, School Garden Coordinator for Chicago Public Schools

Join us Thursday, June 23, 2016, at 3 PM ET

From your computer, tablet or smartphone:

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/793288293

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (646) 749-3122

Access Code: 793-288-293

This webinar is free and open to the public, so please share widely.

It will be recorded and archived.

Questions or comments?  Email lau...@slowfoodusa.org

Slow Food USA
1000 Dean Street #222