Books about Sustainability and Growing Food / Non-Fiction

Gibb Grows

Dec 4, 2022, 8:22:17 PM12/4/22
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone!

I’m working with one of my schools on applying grant funds and making sure we try to collaborate with every department if possible with the Tower Garden program we wrote for them! The program will help feed their student-body and the surrounding restaurants and community.

The final department is Language Arts. The LA teacher is going to be applying this her Dramatic Writing assignment for 10th Grade ELA.

I’d love to give her some recs any of any books you have personally read or recommend for this. She wants to keep it geared towards growing your own food for the greater good. Communities working together realistically and not hypothetically, with practical problems and solutions presented.

I’d love some recs to send over to her and hope this ignites some ideas within your own programs and schools.

Thanks everyone!

Nicole McGiboney

Owner / GibbGrows

A country-wide family community, restaurant and school partner

845.3WE.GROW

www.GibbGrows.org

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Em Shipman

Dec 5, 2022, 3:50:02 PM12/5/22
to School Garden Support Organization Network
The Town That Food Saved: How One Community Found Vitality in Local Food

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/6851796-the-town-that-food-saved