Re: Children's Gardening Consultant

T Larson

Jun 16, 2021, 1:33:04 AM6/16/21
to Michael Wheeler, School Garden Support Organization Network
Hello Mr. Wheeler,
Are you still looking for people for this program?

I am interested and have worked with garden education in the past.

Thank you for your time,
T Larson

Laurie Taylor

Jun 16, 2021, 11:31:27 AM6/16/21
to School Garden Support Organization Network, Michael Wheeler
Hello Mr. Wheeler,

I am interested in helping you with your "Garden Party" project. Please let me know if you are still in need of a consultant for your project.

Thank you,
Laurie Taylor

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 09:30:59 PM CDT, Michael Wheeler <michaelang...@gmail.com> wrote:

SGSO Network:

I work with a non-profit called the self-esteem project, which seeks to improve the self esteem of kids by addressing a societal challenge.  Our approach is unique in that we partner with Hollywood talent to create animation content in concert with thought leaders to educate and best case change behavior of kids.

The first such subject we'll address is that of childhood obesity, particularly in urban communities of color.  Working with creatives in LA, we've developed an animation show, "Garden Party," which chronicles the life of a group of kids who decide to create an urban garden to provide healthy and nutritious foods for their families and community.  We've also partnered with three professors, each of which holds a PhD in Nutrition, to help inform us on the content and an intervention approach for 2nd graders.  The show rolls out with two schools in Grand Rapids, MI. in July

We're interested in hiring a consultant to help formulate a few gardening questions related to the first script, which a teacher may use to engage further with her students.  If this interests you, please respond to this email.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

--
READ BEFORE REPLYING:
You can reply to the whole Google Group, just the sender, or both. When replying to this message make sure to check your recipient address line to confirm you are responding to who you want to be responding to.

michelleg...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2021, 1:07:46 PM6/16/21
to Laurie Taylor, School Garden Support Organization Network, Michael Wheeler
Hi— wondering if people can only reply, not reply all, when answering emails to one person?

Sent from my iPhone