Gardening with Class Conference October 23rd - $25

Sherman Garden

Sep 30, 2021, 8:59:41 PM9/30/21
to School Garden Support Organization Network
The Gardening with Class conference sponsored by the Master Gardeners of San Diego County is being held virtually this year with the theme "Envision Green Schoolyards." They have a fantastic lineup of experienced and knowledgeable speakers. Select from one of five live grade-level Zoom presentations on October 23rd from 9:00-11:30 AM PST and watch over a dozen prerecorded presentations online from October 23rd- November 7th. I sound like a huckster but it's a great value at $25.

Live presentations include:
  • Native Seed Bombs (Pre-K-K)
  • The Magical Parts of a Plant (Pre-K-K)
  • Plant Parts and Performance (Grades 1-2)
  • Interested, Invested, and Engaged: Garden Exploration Stations To Meet NGSS, SEL and Art Literacy Expectations (Grades 1-2)
  • Math in the Garden (Grades 3-5)
  • Which Weeds in Our Garden Are Related to Broccoli? Let’s Find Out! (Grades 3-5)
  • Be A Citizen Scientist! (Grades 6-12)
  • Garden Therapy in Linda Vista (Grades 6-12)
  • JMG Learn, Grow, Eat, Go (All Grades)
  • Growing Community in the School Garden (All Grades)
Pre-recorded presentations include:
  • Creating a School Garden
  • Sustaining a School Garden
  • Prescription: School Gardens
  • Creating a “Yes” Space for Discovery and Inquiry
  • Starting a Fall Garden
  • Gardening for Wildlife: Native Plants for Native Fauna
  • Good Bugs, Bad Bugs in Your Garden
  • Compost Basics
  • Vermiculture, Playing with Worms
  • The Essential Guide to Garden Hand Tools
  • Social Justice in Food
  • Introduction to Biomimicry
  • iNaturalist – A Science Engagement Tool
  • Creating a Butterfly Garden