Using Outdoor Classrooms to Support Reopening Schools (COVID-19)

John Fisher

May 26, 2020, 4:52:15 PM5/26/20
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
This is a repost from the GreenSchoolyards America www.greenschoolyards.org

Outdoor Spaces are Essential for School Districts' COVID-19 Response

An online public forum to discuss how to expand school capacity using outdoor learning
June 4, 2020   ◇   2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PST   ◇   Free   ◇   Registration required

Schools across the United States are facing an uphill battle as they navigate COVID-19 physical distancing requirements that will allow students to return to campus in the Fall. There is an urgent need to reimagine PreK-12 schools in order to safely reopen. Repurposing outdoor spaces is a cost-effective way to reduce the burden on indoor classroom capacity while providing fresh air, hands-on learning opportunities, and the health benefits associated with increased access to nature.

Please join us on Thursday, June 4, 2020 from 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PST
 for an interdisciplinary public forum to discuss how to expand school capacity using outdoor learning in school grounds and local parks. We also invite you to download a short summary of our proposal.

This free online event is co-hosted by: Green Schoolyards AmericaThe Lawrence Hall of ScienceSan Mateo County Office of Education's Environmental Literacy and Sustainability Initiative, and Ten Strands.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

John Fisher

Jun 9, 2020, 4:15:21 PM6/9/20
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

From Greenschoolyards.org:

Visit http://www.greenschoolyards.org/covid-learn-outside for resources related to using outdoor spaces to support school instruction during COVID 19:

The webpage includes:

-       An online recording of our June 4th webinar on Outdoor Space as Essential Assets for School Districts' COVID-19 Response

-       A copy of the slide presentation we used during the webinar

-       A survey to help us learn more about what you need to make these ideas useful to your organization and local schools

-       Additional resources

Our June 4th session was the kick-off to a 6-week planning process that will take place this summer, to help move from concept to implementation. We are convening working groups to explore key topics in more detail and develop strategies, ideas, and frameworks to assist school districts across the country.

You are invited to participate in this ongoing conversation by joining a working group. Please use the survey form on the website ttp://www.greenschoolyards.org/covid-learn-outside