255 SeedMoney Grants are Available this Fall: Deadline November 12th

Roger Doiron

Oct 16, 2019, 3:32:38 PM10/16/19
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com

Grants for Food Garden Projects (1).png

Hello School Gardeners,

The 501c3 nonprofit, SeedMoney, is offering 255 grants on a sliding scale ($50 to $700) this fall to food garden projects (school gardens, community gardens, food bank gardens, etc) across the country. We expect +/-400 applicants which means that the chances of winning a grant are about 60%.

We offer "crowdgrants" which means that participating projects win our grants by mobilizing their crowd to make small donations via online fundraising pages that we help them set up. The average amount raised per project historically has been roughly $800 (our grant + crowdfunds raised), but we've had projects raise as much as $15,000. For many school and community garden projects, running a SeedMoney campaign is the only fundraising they need to do for the whole year.

The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm EDT on November 12, but we encourage early applications to beat the rush. To learn more and apply, see:  https://seedmoney.org/apply/

Thanks for either seizing the opportunity yourself or sharing it with someone else who could!

Best wishes,

Roger

PS: I'm attaching grant instructions so that you know what information you'll need to have handy when you apply online. Again, please consider forwarding this email to anyone who you think might be interested.

Roger Doiron | Founder & Director, SeedMoney

3 Powderhorn Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074

Phone: (207) 956-0606 | Facebook | Twitter | InstagramLinkedIn

ro...@seedmoney.org |  www.seedmoney.org

Take Action: Apply for a garden grant 💰 Subscribe 📧

image.gif
SeedMoney Grant Instructions 2019.docx