crystal hammerschmidt

Apr 6, 2016, 5:36:11 PM4/6/16
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for safety checklists or other documents that help to guide farmers and teachers leading up to and during farm tours. We want to increase the number of on farm field trips for our students but don't have any protocols in place yet. What is out there to ready farmers who have never hosted school groups, and how do you prepare teachers for visiting farms, preparing them for the inherent safety issues of being on a farm along with teaching students to respect the space they visit.

Crystal

Erica Curry

Apr 6, 2016, 6:03:07 PM4/6/16
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com, cjhamme...@gmail.com
Hi Crystal,

The Vermont FEED Guide for Connecting Farms to Schools and Communities is a great resource. You may also want to check the Farm Based Education Network for additional resources. One resource featured on their website is the "Start Up Manual For Farm Based Education Programs".

Best,

Erica

Erica Curry
Director of Program Resources and Practices
https://foodcorps.org/images/signatures/Big%20Button.png/
Inline image 3 Inline image 4 https://foodcorps.org/become-a-service-member

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 2:36 PM, crystal hammerschmidt <cjhamme...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking for safety checklists or other documents that help to guide farmers and teachers leading up to and during farm tours. We want to increase the number of on farm field trips for our students but don't have any protocols in place yet. What is out there to ready farmers who have never hosted school groups, and how do you prepare teachers for visiting farms, preparing them for the inherent safety issues of being on a farm along with teaching students to respect the space they visit.

Crystal

---

Natalie McKinney

Apr 6, 2016, 6:56:26 PM4/6/16
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Aloha Crystal,

Check out our Farm Field Trip Resource Guide for Educators and Agricultural Literacy Partners Resource Guide, both attached and available for download from our website

Aloha,
Natalie

KHF_AINA_Resource_FarmFieldTripResourceGuide.pdf
KHF_AINA_Resource_AgLit_Partners_Draft3.pdf
iEG18IWc0FwAZz6CPIoEQi_p1yQAJ_Xpb-MRCszghPiQzE_eGyJsVP8WfWvKDMMSXBNgz47xKJ_qX0re6x00SIUsr7M1FvIwBcS65UoN5HN0mTNLew319ZJS5fFXjs5AWWT2B1k.jpeg
ZBBqJrxAofz_v9bSal4H06T5Hu3IJL3mHpBt9BAYkiV3luHf_vEyBZGZ5RGz1wZoboco1wgLJMvb5OruoQWeAz1fhasszyCedS43YTXFbRjyRqcmeGbWghmwdXWW3txJpWQx738.jpeg

Katherine Sims | GMFTS

Apr 8, 2016, 11:21:18 AM4/8/16
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Green Mountain Farm-to-School has the attached Farm Field Guide which includes lessons by farm type, tips for farmers and teachers, and sample forms.

Happy field tripping!

Best, ks

Katherine Sims, Executive Director
Green Mountain Farm-to-School
194 Main Street, Suite 301
Newport, VT 05855

---

---

---

Natalie McKinney
Executive Director
Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
PO Box 866, Haleiwa, HI 96712
(808) 638-5145 Office

---

On Apr 6, 2016, at 11:36 AM, crystal hammerschmidt <cjhamme...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm looking for safety checklists or other documents that help to guide farmers and teachers leading up to and during farm tours. We want to increase the number of on farm field trips for our students but don't have any protocols in place yet. What is out there to ready farmers who have never hosted school groups, and how do you prepare teachers for visiting farms, preparing them for the inherent safety issues of being on a farm along with teaching students to respect the space they visit.

Crystal

---
GMFTS_FarmFieldTripGuide_Final.pdf

John Fisher

Apr 19, 2016, 7:16:16 PM4/19/16
to National School Garden Network
And here is one more to add to the mix...

-- JOHN

Life Lab cultivates children's love of learning, healthy food, and nature through garden-based education.

John Fisher - Director of Programs and Partnerships
Life Lab  •  1156 High St., Santa Cruz, CA, 95064  •  831.471.7831

FaceBookPinterestinsta

YouTube Channel@lifelabtweets  Join Our Elists
  About Life Lab Playlist