2 Upcoming Webinars - In Person Teaching on 9/16 & School Gardens for Food Relief on 9/23

John Fisher

Sep 13, 2020, 1:50:51 PM9/13/20
to School Garden Support Organization Network
In-Person Outdoor Instruction During Covid - Virtual Gathering - Wed. 9/16/20. 11am-12:15pm PST

For this gathering, we'll focus on “In-Person, Outdoor Instruction with COVID Restrictions in Place" including:
- Traditional classroom activities that translate well to an Outdoor Classroom
- Tips and curricula for teaching outdoors
- Strategies for maintaining social distance while teaching
- Systems for managing and sanitizing teaching materials
- Strategies for encouraging hand washing, proper use of masks, and the like while teaching in an Outdoor Classroom

This Virtual Gathering will start with an overview of resources shared via our channels. Then we'll hear a quick overview of what a handful of organizations are doing already, so you can learn from their experiences. If you'd like to share during this time, please indicate so in the registration. Then we’ll head into Breakout Rooms to brainstorm strategies together, and then share back to the whole group.

Educational Gardens Support of Food Relief During Covid 19 - Virtual Gathering - Wed. 9/23/20 11am-12:15pm PST

Join other School Garden Support Organizations to learn and share how school and community garden programs are distributing their harvests to address food insecurity and provide food relief during Covid-19.
This virtual gathering will share case studies from Jones Valley Teaching Farm, Denver Urban Gardens, and other willing attendees. Note your interest in sharing in the registration process and we will be in touch with you prior to the presentation.

View all our webinars and archives at www.sgsonetwork.org/webinars