biodegradable harvest bag suggestions

Claire Sinovic

Jun 21, 2021, 5:28:33 PM6/21/21
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com, Claire Sinovic

Hi All,

We are offering harvest kits to our schools this year which include, among other items, compostable harvest bags.

Here is what we’ve used in the past, but they’ve increased the price, so I’m wondering if anyone else has experience or knowledge of somewhere offering them in bulk for cheaper?

Current product we use - Amazon.com: UNNI ASTM D6400 100% Compostable Trash Bags, 2.6 Gallon, 9.84 Liter, 100 Count, Extra Thick 0.71 Mils, Food Scrap Small Kitchen Trash Bags, US BPI and Europe OK Compost Home Certified, San Francisco: Home & Kitchen

Our main specifications are that the bags are:

  • Safe to use for food
  • Biodegradable
  • 2-3 gallons
  • In either rolls or boxes (in counts of 100 ish) so we can easily pack them in the kits
  • Can be purchased in bulk or for a reasonable price for a larger quantity

Thanks in advance!

Claire Sinovic

Preschool Gardens Coordinator

/Users/robshoffner/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_479425144

6917 Kensington

Kansas City, MO 64132

816.931.3877 ext 307

Linda S. Law-Saunders

Jun 22, 2021, 7:55:23 AM6/22/21
to Claire Sinovic, school-gar...@googlegroups.com, Claire Sinovic

Not sure what is available but many quantity items we purchase at Cornell Cooperative Extension-Washington County are from uline.com.  Phone= 1-800-295-5510.

-L-

Linda S. Law
Family & Consumer Sciences and Ag & Food Systems Educator

Cornell Cooperative Extension | Washington County

415 Lower Main St. Hudson Falls, NY 12839| washington.cce.cornell.edu | Facebook | ls...@cornell.edu | 518-746-2560

Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing  AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities and provides equal program and employment opportunities.
If you have a disability and are having trouble accessing information within this email or need materials in an alternate format, contact
 ls...@cornell.edu for assistance.

--
READ BEFORE REPLYING:
You can reply to the whole Google Group, just the sender, or both. When replying to this message make sure to check your recipient address line to confirm you are responding to who you want to be responding to.

Sue Davis

Jun 29, 2021, 2:02:10 PM6/29/21
to Claire Sinovic, school-gar...@googlegroups.com, Claire Sinovic
check out True Liberty Bags.

--
READ BEFORE REPLYING:
You can reply to the whole Google Group, just the sender, or both. When replying to this message make sure to check your recipient address line to confirm you are responding to who you want to be responding to.
ALSO check your subject line to be sure that the subject line is about the topic and NOT "digest for...."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "School Garden Support Organization Network" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/school-garden-network/CH2PR14MB3690F8ED60E813AAE61284CBB20A9%40CH2PR14MB3690.namprd14.prod.outlook.com.

--
Sue Davis
Executive Director

School Garden Network | schoolgardens.org
PO BOX 1367 | Sebastopol, CA 95473 | (707) 861-0593

School Garden Network (SGN)
P.O. Box 1367, Sebastopol, CA 95473   | 707-861-0593