ABCs of Farm-Based Education: 10/23-10/25 at Shelburne Farms, Vermont

Vera Simon-Nobes

Sep 23, 2022, 4:01:26 PM9/23/22
to School Garden Support Organization Network
October 35 - 25 at Shelburne Farms, Shelburne, VT
$275/person, scholarships available | View registration and agenda

Are you looking to build a farm-based education program, or inspire your existing programming? At this workshop, you’ll fill your toolbox with kid-tested activities as you join a community of peers from around the region. Spend time in hands-on, activity-based learning while you explore Shelburne Farms’ dairy, farmyard, garden, and forest classrooms. Experience activities from Shelburne Farms’ publications Project Seasons and Cultivating Joy and Wonder as we discuss ways to engage school groups and farm visitors of all ages. In addition to activity sharing and program development, we’ll gather tips for creating a safe learning environment and will have ample time for getting to know one another and our respective farm-based education sites.

Hosted by Shelburne Farms with  support from the Farm-Based Education Network