School garden survey! Help increase school garden sustainability (and win $100).

John Fisher

Mar 7, 2018, 3:44:56 PM3/7/18
to sc_schoo...@googlegroups.com, school-garden-network
On Feb 26, 2018 9:36 AM, "KATHERINE.BURT" <Katheri...@lehman.cuny.edu> wrote:
Hi school gardeners and school garden coordinators,

In the last couple years, you may have come across The GREEN (Garden Resource, Education, and Environment Nexus) Tool that we developed several years ago. It is currently being used (alongside a self-assessment tool) in many major cities nationwide (including New York City, Washington DC, and schools across CA – among others) to improve school garden sustainability. We have also published our findings in several places, including the attached research brief.

We hope to expand the work in this area to increase the sustainability of school gardens but to do so, we need your help! Specifically, we are interested in learning how programs are implemented and integrated into schools – as well as more about the challenges that schools face.

We hope that you can send the survey link below to school gardeners that you work with. Each school that completes the survey will have the chance to win a $100 VISA gift card. The winner will be selected in late March.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and participation. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or if you would like to discuss The GREEN Tool or corresponding self-assessment scale.

Sincerely,
Kate

Kate Gardner Burt, PhD, RD
Assistant Professor, Dietetics, Food & Nutrition Program
Lehman College
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West
Gillet 432
Bronx, NY 10468