Best practices?

HENRIKSEN, REBEKKA

Mar 29, 2022, 6:49:24 AM3/29/22
to SGSO Network
Good morning,

I am wondering if anyone has a "Best Practices" document you can share regarding school gardens?

 As we build more gardens in my district and get more inquiries from staff doing their own endeavors, I am attempting to put together documents and trainings so that everyone is on the same page and the projects are sustainable/have longevity.

Would just be curious if anyone has something they give to staff during trainings or to administrators that are considering gardens at their buildings etc.

Thanks so much!

Rebekka Henriksen
Farm to School Coordinator
Schenectady City School District
518-929-8590

Erin Croom

Mar 29, 2022, 10:14:27 AM3/29/22
to HENRIKSEN, REBEKKA, SGSO Network

Hi Rebecca:

Jenna Mobley and I wrote this guide for ECE Farm to school, but it does have best practices for gardening with young children in Chapter 2!

--
READ BEFORE REPLYING:
You can reply to the whole Google Group, just the sender, or both. When replying to this message make sure to check your recipient address line to confirm you are responding to who you want to be responding to.

Tonia Scherer

Mar 29, 2022, 10:15:11 AM3/29/22
to HENRIKSEN, REBEKKA, SGSO Network
Rebekka,

Attached is an informal sheet we put together quite a while back to share with educators and new staff members. It could use some updating, but I figured I would share it anyway.
Most of the information came from How to Grow a School Garden: A Complete Guide for Parents and Teachers by Arden Bucklin-Sporer and Rachel Kathleen Pringle. We give a copy of this book to each new garden that joins our network.
I would love to see what others use, as well.

Best,

Tonia

--
READ BEFORE REPLYING:
You can reply to the whole Google Group, just the sender, or both. When replying to this message make sure to check your recipient address line to confirm you are responding to who you want to be responding to.
ALSO check your subject line to be sure that the subject line is about the topic and NOT "digest for...."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "School Garden Support Organization Network" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/school-garden-network/BN9PR18MB4169CD9864E90F826C9CD155C91E9%40BN9PR18MB4169.namprd18.prod.outlook.com.

--

Tonia Scherer

Director of Schools

she/her/hers
Phone: 314.588.9600 ext. 114

Seed St. Louis  (formerly Gateway Greening)

Food Freedom For All

www.seedstl.org/donate

SEED STL Best Practices for School Gardens.docx