Webinar this Weds on In-Person Instruction During COVID

Whitney Cohen

Sep 14, 2020, 2:15:23 PM9/14/20
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

At Life Lab, after a 6 month pause, we’re about to start teaching outdoors, in-person again — unless, of course, something changes, which we all know keeps happening! That’s why I’m really excited about the SGSO Network Virtual Gathering this Weds, 9/16. We’ll be diving into the question: What does instruction look like in the outdoors, with new COVID Restrictions in place? In this gathering, we'll hear from 6 trailblazers who have already begun instructing students in the outdoors in these new conditions. They’ll share vital lessons learned, such as:

- Strategies for maintaining social distance while teaching
- Systems for managing and sanitizing teaching materials
- Strategies for doing cooking and eating activities outdoors with new COVID protocols
- Strategies for encouraging hand washing, proper use of masks, and the like while teaching in an Outdoor Classroom
- What do we do about the snow? Smoke? etc.

I wanted to share this in case you are also teaching in-person, or planning for the time when that will become an option again. You can learn more and register at: https://www.sgsonetwork.org/webinars/

All my best to all of you, particularly in these challenging times,
Whitney

Whitney Cohen (pronoun: she)
Education Director, Life Lab
educ...@lifelab.org
831-459-5395
See how we’re changing the nature of education!

John Fisher

Sep 16, 2020, 6:48:11 PM9/16/20
to School Garden Support Organization Network
In-Person Outdoor Instruction During Covid - Virtual Gathering September 16, 2020
View Archive - - - Download Slide Deck - - - View Golestan School Slidedeck - - - View Attendee Q & A Padlet - - - View Registrant Examples of How they are Teaching During Covid

For this gathering, we'll focus on “In-Person, Outdoor Instruction with COVID Restrictions in Place" including:
- Traditional classroom activities that translate well to an Outdoor Classroom
- Tips and curricula for teaching outdoors