SGSO Network Solution Sessions-Sign up by June 18 to Present a Challenge and receive Solutions!

Tristana Pirkl

Jun 9, 2021, 11:01:46 AM6/9/21
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Network,

Check out the newest type of virtual gathering the SGSO Network is piloting: Solution Sessions.

Essentially, we receive sign ups to from you all, members of the network, to present a challenge you have within the school garden world. And then we have a 1 hour session breaking into groups workshopping your challenges. The presenters get support on their specific challenge and everyone else gets to share their experience and expertise while also learning from each other. It's a peer-to-peer solution-finding workshopping session!

See more details below but don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Sign ups to present at the July 21 session close on June 18. Sign up here

NEW! Got School Garden Challenges?
Present at our Solution Sessions

In these structured peer-to-peer one-hour sessions, we'll divide into groups to workshop and provide solutions for the school garden challenges facing our members. Each session will focus on a specific theme.

If you have a challenge that needs support, follow the below links to sign up to present your challenge at an upcoming session. Registration links for the sessions will go live at a later date once presenters are finalized:

Best,
Tristana

Tristana Pirkl
Program Manager
School Garden Support Organization (SGSO) Network
(She/Her)
www.sgsonetwork.org

And other updates from the SGSO Network...

Tristana Pirkl

Jun 14, 2021, 4:05:42 PM6/14/21
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Deadline to sign up to present a challenge at the July 21 Solution Session is this Friday, June 18!

"Presenting" means/includes:
  •  You have a challenge that you'd like to solve within the theme of building school culture.
  • Filling out a template for a slide that outlines your challenge, what you've already tried, key stakeholders and questions for the group.
  • Presenting this slide at the July 21 session at 1pm PST/2pm EST.
  • Receiving 30 minutes of feedback, support, questions from your school garden peers in a breakout group of no more than 10 others.
  • Sharing a quick summary of your challenge and the insights you received with the full group.
More details below! Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Tristana

Tristana Pirkl
Program Manager
School Garden Support Organization (SGSO) Network
(She/Her)
www.sgsonetwork.org

Tristana Pirkl

Jul 29, 2021, 12:58:33 PM7/29/21
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Network,

We're piloting our Solution Sessions where "Solution Seekers" in the network get to share a challenge and receive consultation from fellow school gardeners for 35 min.

We did our 1st one on "Building School Culture" last week and it was a great success! We supported 2 "Solution Seekers" and engaged 18 school garden supporters as our group consultants. If you'd like to get a taste of what it was like and for a snapshot summary of the solutions, check out the recording which includes the intro and the end summary (leaves out the breakout rooms).

Want to share a challenge at a future session? Sign up to be a "Solution Seeker" for the August 25 session on Funding and Sustainability by August 13.

We'd like to do more Solution Sessions in the future based on your needs. If you have a school garden challenge you'd like Solutions on, please fill out this form and we'll set up future sessions as there is need!